How to use an HDV deck
Created by: Dan Li ‘11
1. The HDV decks are the Sony decks located in the third aisle. The tops are labeled with “mini-dv/dv/mini-hdv/hdv”.
On the deck, set “Display Output” to ALL. Set “Input Select” to HDV/DV if you are recording HD video and “Video” if you are recording non-HD video.
In Final Cut Pro, go to “Final Cut Pro” > “Easy Setup”.
If you are recording HD video, use the following settings:
a. Format: HDV
b. Rate: (all rates)
c. Use: HDV 1080i60
2. If you are recording non-HD video, use the following settings:
a. Format: NTSC<br>
b. Rate: (all rates)<br>
c. Use: DV-NTSC<br>
- If something isn’t working (tape won’t preview, can’t hear audio), check Final Cut Pro > Audio/Video settings.
- Refreshing A/V devices may also help.
- Sometimes people THINK they have an HD tape which isn’t, or vice versa. Try the other setting and see if it works.