How to create a slideshow using iPhoto.
Created by: Michelle Ripplinger ‘12 [updated 2014-07-24]
1. Import photos into iPhoto (drag the files into iPhoto or connect your digital camera).
Select the photos you want: Command-click, Shift-click, or drag cursor across images.
2. Click the Add [+] button in the bottom-left corner of the iPhoto window and then click Slideshow in the dialog box that pops-up.
3. Type a name for your slideshow.
Drag photos into the order you want them to appear.
4. After you create a slideshow project, you can add photos to it by dragging them directly from anywhere in your iPhoto library, a CD or DVD, or another location on your hard-drive.
When you add a photo to a slideshow from another location, iPhoto automatically imports it into your photo library.
5. You can choose music, specify the duration for each slide, select transition effects, display slideshow controls, and set other options using icons located along the bottom of the iPhoto window.
When you have finished editing your slideshow, go to File > Export > Slideshow and choose your format and the Export location.