As part of its mission and function, the Office provides the following forms of educational support:
- Ensuring the complementarity of residential, extra-curricular and academic life in coordination with the Office of the Dean of the College and the residential colleges.
- Counseling and advising groups and individuals.
- Assisting students, staff and faculty in promoting community, resolving conflicts and understanding differences.
- Orienting new undergraduates to the Princeton community.
- Training and supporting residential college advisers in collaboration with the residential college staff.
- Programming and leadership development through the Carl A. Fields, Women's, LGBT Centers, Campus Club, Frist Campus Center and Outdoor Action Program.
- Providing leadership development, guidance and support for student groups and organizations in self-governance and in the implementation of student-initiated programs.