As part of its mission and function, the Office provides the following forms of specific services:
- Apprising the community of relevant local, state and federal legislation so as to interpret, monitor and implement necessary compliance.
- Serving the University community through participation on committees and working groups and as advisors, mediators and advocates.
- Planning and coordinating a variety of institutional efforts with other Campus Life departments and other offices such as Public Safety, Housing, Dining Services and the Offices of the Dean of the College, Provost and President.
- Providing government mandated and direct services to specific constituencies such as students with disabilities.
- Providing fiscal and other administrative services to student organizations in support of their activities.