Spirit of Princeton Award
Since its inception in 1995, The Spirit of Princeton Award has recognized a select group of undergraduate students who have made positive contributions to various facets of the University, including the arts, community service, student organizations, residential living, religious life and athletic endeavors.
This award acknowledges those students whose service has gone unrecognized by the greater Princeton University community. Recipients are honored at a dinner, where they are presented with a certificate and book prize.
This nomination(s) will serve as the primary criteria for evaluation with particular emphasis placed on the breadth and depth of the nominee’s contributions to numerous areas of campus life. A committee comprised of administrators and undergraduate students will review the nominations and select the winners. All undergraduate students are eligible for the Spirit of Princeton awards. Any member of the Princeton community can nominate or contribute to a nomination.
- All nominations must be submitted by noon, Monday, April 13, 2015.
- Nominations may be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to 313 West College.
- Winners will be notified by Thursday, April 23, 2015.
Tips for Nominators:
- In preparing your letter, it may be helpful to review the bios of Spirit of Princeton winners from previous years.
- As this letter of nomination serves as the primary criteria, please be as detailed as possible. Using specific examples can be helpful.
- Highlighting the student’s involvement can only help the review committee clearly understand the student’s impact on the University and in the surrounding community.
- Recognize any student who informally makes a significant contribution (i.e. mentoring, bridging social connections, volunteering).
- Speak to colleagues about the student’s involvement (i.e. the student’s department representative, his or her peers).
- Feedback from other sources may also be included in your letter.
- If submitting letter of recommendation online, please send via attachment to email@example.com