All student organizations must abide by their home department's rules, regulations, and policies regarding student organization accounts.
Fiscal management is of significant responsibility. Misrepresenting the nature of a student organization event, not following IRS procedures or violating University regulations are serious offenses which will result in disciplinary action.
For more information, please see our Financial Procedures section.
Managing Financial Information
- All financial information is stored in Prime, the University's financial system
- Organizations are required to maintain their own financial records. Although University administrators have access to and monitor student org accounts, it is the responsibility of the group Treasurer to accurately account for the group's finances.
- Under no circumstances should a student pay an individual for services rendered and expect reimbursement from the University (e.g., paying a DJ yourself and submitting a reimbursement request via Concur).
- Under no circumstances should a student organization pay a vendor directly out of event admission fees (e.g., ticket sales).
- Per University policy, students may not hire other students for services without first consulting the ODUS office. Invoices submitted retroactively (without prior consultation) will not be paid.
- Student organizations may not maintain outside bank accounts.
- Due to IRS regulations, student organization funds may not be used to purchase gift cards or other cash equivalents.
- Student organizations may not conduct any fundraising efforts without first contacting and submitting a proposal to an administrator in the group's home department.
- All reimbursement requests must be submitted via Concur.
- [ODUS] All funds collected (dues, donations, profits, etc.) must be deposited into the group's account. These funds may not be deposited into an individual student's bank account, be held on an individual student's person, or invested. Checks may be brought to the 7th Floor of New South or the ODUS office. Cash may be brought to New South only.