Adviser: Dr. Deirdre Moloney, email@example.com, 8-1998
Fields of Study: Open
Description: On a rotating basis, Princeton, Amherst, Brown, Cornell, Darmouth, Harvard, Haverford, Middlebury, Swarthmore, Wesleyan, and Yale are invited to submit nominations to the Keasbey Scholarship competition. A total of three awards are granted. The award provides support for one to two years of graduate work at one of four British universities: Oxford, Cambridge, University of Edinburgh, or University College of Wales at Aberystwyth.
Students may propose to read for a one- or two-year graduate degree or for a second B.A.
- U.S. citizen
- Graduating senior
Criteria for Selection:
- Excellent academic record
Application Procedure: Princeton University may nominate two candidates. The completed application consists of the following documents, to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the campus deadline:
- Completed Profile Sheet (.doc).
- 1000-word personal statement summarizing the area of major academic interest and the course of study proposed to be taken in Great Britain.
- curriculum vitae (1-2 pages)
- official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended,
- three letters of recommendation from faculty members with whom the nominee has worked closely saying, in substance, that the candidate is believed to be capable of academic work that should result in the nominee's obtaining a good Honors degree in his or her field of interest
Nominees will be interviewed by the Trustees of the Keasbey Memorial Foundation in Philadelphia, PA. Nominees should be acquainted with the Foundation's history and purposes before the interview.