George J. Mitchell Scholarship
Princeton Deadline: September 24, 2014
National Deadline: October 1, 2014
Adviser: Dr. Deirdre Moloney, email@example.com, 8-1998
Fields of Study: Any discipline offered at an institution of higher learning in Ireland or Northern Ireland
Named in honor of senator George Mitchell for his pivotal contribution to the Northern Ireland Peace Process, the scholarship supports 12 American students for one year of study at an Irish University. The Mitchell Scholarship Program aims "to introduce and connect generations of future American leaders to the island of Ireland."
- U.S. citizen at the time of application
- At least 18 but not yet 30 by Oct 1 in the year of application
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university before beginning study as a Mitchell Scholar.
Criteria for Selection:
- Academic excellence
- Sustained commitment to service and community.
Applicants to the Mitchell Scholarship must be endorsed by Princeton. This endorsement process involves the submission of the application supporting materials by the Princeton campus deadline:
- Online Mitchell Application
- 1,000-word personal statement
- Four letters of recommendation (submitted through the online application)
- Official transcripts
- Short video interview