Saint Andrew’s Society of the State of New York Graduate Scholarship
Princeton Deadline: November 22, 2013
National Deadline: December 15, 2013
Adviser: Dr. Deirdre Moloney, email@example.com, 8-1998
Fields of Study: open
Description: In recognition of the benefits of higher education, the Society provides significant funding for two Scottish graduate students to study in the United States and two Scottish-American students to study in Scotland.
- U.S. citizen
- Some Scottish descent
- Bachelor's degree earned in spring 2013
- Candidates must reside or attend school within approximately 250 miles of New York State.
- Proof of application to selected school will be required for finalists.
Criteria for Selection: Candidates should possess the qualifications which will enable them to be good ambassadors for the U.S. while in Scotland. The basis for selection shall include the student's:
- Academic achievement
- Extracurricular activities
- Financial need
- Clarity of career purpose in pursuing the graduate studies
- Preference may be given to candidates who have not previously studied in the United Kingdom.
Princeton may nominate one candidate. Interested students should contact Fellowship Advising (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain an application form.
Application includes letters of reference from appropriate professors and a statement that sets forth why you wish to continue your education, with clarity around the graduate study objective(s) to be achieved, and why you wish to study in Scotland.
Six (6) finalists will be invited to a luncheon in New York City during February or early March. Following this meeting, two (2) of these finalists will be awarded a scholarship for graduate study in Scotland.
Proof of acceptance to selected school will be required before any disbursement of the award.