IIP Internships Application
To apply for an IIP Internship, you must currently be a fully enrolled Princeton freshman, sophomore, or junior. Note: If you are not enrolled at the time of application but will be enrolled during the spring semester, you are eligible to apply.
Application dates and deadlines
- Applications open on November 1, 2016 at 5 p.m.
- Applications are due ONLINE on December 5, 2016 by midnight (right after 11:59 pm on Monday).
- In addition, you will need to bring a hard copy of your submitted applications to the IIP office by 3 p.m. on December 7, 2016.
- The hard copy should follow the attached .pdf instructions (You can download the IIP application instructions here). (All materials should be stapled together. No envelopes, paperclips, or folders.)
- General IIP Internships Application
- Resume: All resumes should be written in English. Career Services offers help writing a good resume.
- Personal statement for EACH of your 3 choices. (No mandatory length. Most students write approximately one page, single spaced). Your personal statement should include:
- a) Why do you want to work in this particular area and/or with this particular organization? b) How have your academic studies, work, and personal experiences prepared you for this internship? c) How do you expect the internship will relate to your academic, extracurricular, and/or career path? d) How do you hope to contribute to the work of the organization?
- Internal Transcript from TigerHub – submit one copy for EACH placement to which you are applying.
- Passport-sized photo: Please bring a passport-sized photo (2x2) with your in-person application. It does not have to be in color. You can print this photo on regular paper, but it must be cut out to be 2x2.
Step 1: Browse our website and decide on your THREE top choices. Click the link below the placement to apply on each one. You will be redirected to our Global Programs System (GPS).
Step 2: Complete the online general application on GPS.
- Note: You do not need to fill out the form each time. Simply, click “Load in your responses” in your second and third choice placement to copy it.
Step 3: Submit all documents for your first, second and third choices to the drop boxes on webspace (noted below). Please save all documents as a .pdf.
- Note: It is EXTREMELY important that you follow the file-naming instructions listed below. For the "name of placement," use the EXACT name as it appears on our website (you can copy and paste).
- Upload a resume for EACH placement to which you are applying.
- File name / format: You must save your resume as a .pdf Please name your documents in the following manner: "name of placement_country of placement_first name_last name_resume" (i.e. aidha_Singapore_John_Doe_resume)
- Resumes should be written in English. Career Services offers help writing a good resume.
- Upload your resume here: IIP Summer 2017 Resume
Personal Statement(s) :
- Upload a one-page personal statement for EACH placement to which you are applying.
- File name / format: You must save your personal statement as a .pdf.
- Please name your documents in the following manner: "name of placement_country of placement_first name_last name_PS" (i.e. aidha_Singapore_John_Doe_PS)
- Please put your full name and the name of the placement at the top of your personal statement
- Upload your personal statement(s) here: IIP Summer 2017 Personal Statement
Internal Transcript from TigerHub:
- If you are applying to more than one placement, you must upload a copy of your transcript/TigerHub report for each placement.
- Please save as a .pdf in the following manner: "name of placement_country of placement_first name_last name_transcript" (i.e. aidha_Singapore_John_Doe_transcript)
- If you are a first-year student, the transcript does not need to have grades.
- Upload a copy of your TigerHub report here: IIP Summer 2017 Transcript
IMPORTANT: If at any time--from the moment you submit your IIP application to the last day of your IIP internship--you apply for or receive funding from any other source at Princeton, you are required to inform IIP.