IIP-SII Funding Application
The IIP-SII Funding Application should be used to apply for funding for a Student Initiated Internship - an internship that students have created or found on their own. IIP does not support internships found through for-profit placement agencies.
- You must review How to Find and Vet Your Own International Internship before beginning your application.
- The internship must be unpaid, a minimum of eight weeks long, and located outside of the U.S.
- You must currently be fully enrolled as a Princeton freshman, sophomore, or junior to apply.
Note: In principle, Princeton University will not fund or sponsor undergraduate student travel to countries on the U.S. State Department Warning List or to countries where the United States has issued travel restrictions. Students who have a compelling educational reason to travel to such countries may submit a request for an individual travel exemption.The travel exemption process is a time intensive process. Travelers should allow at least four weeks for the review process.
Please carefully read the following instructions.
To complete an IIP Funding Application, you must:
- Complete and submit the online application (Parts 1 & 2).
In addition, you must submit the following materials to the Office of International Programs, Louis A. Simpson International Building by the deadline (3 p.m., March 24, 2017).
- Printout of Part I and Part 2 of the online application, including copies of all the documents you uploaded on SAFE.
- Copy of all correspondence that you have had with the organization, faculty, alumni, U.S. Embassy officials, ISOS local experts. Please refer to How to Find and Vet Your Own International Internship for a list of necessary steps and documents.
Your application will not be reviewed unless it is complete.
Information from other offices at Princeton, e.g. residential colleges, Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, University Health Services (with student’s consent) or others, may be requested as part of the application review process to ensure that all students have a safe and productive international experience.
If you have questions about the IIP-SII Funding Application, please e-mail email@example.com or make an appointment on the Director's WASS calendar by clicking here.