IIP Funding Application
The IIP Funding Application should be used to apply for funding for an internship that students have created or found on their own. IIP does not support internships found through placement agencies.
The internship must be unpaid, a minimum of eight weeks long, and located outside of the U.S. Note that preference is given to first-time applicants. You must currently be fully enrolled as a Princeton freshman, sophomore, or junior to apply.
Note: In principle, Princeton University will not fund or sponsor undergraduate student travel to countries on the U.S. State Department Warning List or to countries where the United States has issued travel restrictions. Students who have a compelling educational reason to travel to such countries may submit a request for an individual travel exemption.The travel exemption process is a time intensive process. Travelers should allow at least four weeks for the review process.
You may want to review How to Find Your Own International Internship.
Please carefully read the following instructions.
To complete an IIP Funding Application, you must:
- Complete and submit the online application (Parts 1 & 2).
In addition, you must submit the following materials to the Office of International Programs, 36 University Place, Suite 350 (U-Store Building) by the deadline (5 p.m., March 24, 2015).
- Printout of Part I and Part 2 of the online application
- Unofficial transcript from TigerHub
- Letter of commitment from the organization sponsoring your internship (letter or e-mail) Note: You may submit an application without having received a letter of commitment, but you will not receive funding until you have submitted one.
- Copy of all correspondence that you have had with the organization.
Your application will not be reviewed unless complete.
Information from other offices at Princeton, e.g. residential colleges, Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, University Health Services (with student’s consent) or others, may be requested as part of the application review process to ensure that all students have a safe and productive international experience.
If you have questions about the IIP Funding Application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.