Princeton in France Application
The Princeton in France Program is designed to introduce student to French culture and provide them with the opportunity to improve their French skills by working in a French job context. Placements are from 4-8 weeks. We have placements in American cultural and commercial organizations, stores, music festivals, museums, publishing companies, school administration, internet companies, etc. Based on the candidate’s preferences and qualifications, the IIP will determine the best possible match between employer and applicant.
The deadline to submit completed PiF Applications is 5 p.m. on December 12, 2014.
Note: If you are interested in both PIF and IIP, please complete both applications. Please indicate that you have applied to PIF in response to the following question on your IIP application: "If you have any additional information or comments for the IIP about your application or placement choices, please include them below."
- Complete the first part of the application form online:
- The application is now closed.
- The application is now closed.
- Print and complete Parts II-IV of the application. Please note that you may have the same professor fill out the Language Evaluation and Faculty Recommendation, but you must also schedule a French interview (see 3). The faculty recommendation may come from a faculty member outside the FIT Department, but must be from a Princeton faculty member.
- Sign up for a French interview by using the Web Appointment Scheduling System to sign up for a slot with one of the following professors: Florent Masse, Vincent Chanethom, Meghan Gottschal, Rachel Hart, Murielle Perrier. Please note that the French interview is required and must be completed before the December 12 deadline. You will have the opportunity to review the list of available PIF placements at your French interview.
- In a single e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, submit your resume, essay, and electronic TigerHub academic record/degree progress report as e-mail attachments. Please save all documents in Word 97-03 or Word 97-04 (.doc not .docx) and save as PIF_firstname_lastname_doctype (example: PIF_John_Doe_resume.doc). Your academic record should be saved as a .pdf. Click here for instructions for getting your electronic degree progress report from TigerHub.
- Submit the following materials to the International Internship Program, Office of International Programs, 36 University Place, Suite 340, by 5 p.m. on Friday, December 12, 2014. Please place all supporting documents in a single envelope. Please arrive at the office with all parts of your application already printed out.
- Hard copy of completed Part I: Online Application (print out confirmation screen or confirmation e-mail)
- Part II: Essay. Please put your full name at the top of your essay.
- Part III: Language Evaluation
- Part IV: Faculty Recommendation
- Resume (in English)
- One copy of your academic record/degree progress report from TigerHub.
- One 2"x 2" color passport photo. Please write your name on the back of the photo and place in an envelope.
If you have any problems with the PIF online application, please email IIP directly.
Note: Information from other offices at Princeton, e.g. residential colleges, Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, University Health Services (with student’s consent) or others, may be requested as part of the application review process to ensure that all students can have a safe and productive international experience. Decisions on individual applications are made on a case by case basis.
Preference is given to students who have not yet done a PIF internship and to those with limited previous exposure to French culture.