Princeton Program: University of Queensland
UQ offers courses in practically every department found at Princeton. As is true at Princeton, the faculty at UQ are engaged in both teaching and research. Princeton students from a wide range of departments have studied at UQ. Of particular note are offerings in psychology, engineering, environmental and marine science, and the humanities.
Psychology Study Abroad Program
Students enrolling in the Psychology Study Abroad Program at the University of Queensland must enroll in 10 units comprised of the following:
- 2 units-PSYC3992 Research Practicum
- 4 units-PSYC or approved equivalent psychology courses
- The remaining 4 units may be taken outside of the School of Psychology; however, one course (2 units) must relate to Australian society/culture.
- Students must also attend a weekly workshop/seminar series on applied and professional issues that will be graded on a pass/fail basis (this is part of the research practicum).
- As part of the program, you work closely with a member of our faculty on your JP thesis. You can click here to see a complete list of our academic staff; Areas of expertise include: Applied/Professional, Biological, Cognition, Developmental, and Social Psychology.
At the end of the semester or year abroad, students will be issued an official transcript from UQ, which will be reviewed by the Office of International Programs for credit. Students must earn the equivalent of a C or above in courses taken abroad in order to receive Princeton University credit. Credit is not given for courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
The official UQ transcript becomes a part of the returning student's permanent file. A copy of the transcript will be sent to the student's academic department at Princeton. Courses but not grades from UQ will appear on the Princeton transcript. Grades for junior independent work completed abroad are recorded on the Princeton transcript.
The standard for grading at UQ is as follows:
|Australian Grade||Description||Recommended U.S. equivalent|
|7||Pass with high distinction||A|
|6||Pass with distinction||A-|
|5||Pass with credit||B|