Princeton Program: Princeton in London
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for the program:
- a B average for the fall and spring semesters of the academic year preceding the year or semester abroad; UCL prefers an overall B+ average.
- status as a fall-term junior in the Department of English or Department of Comparative Literature while on the program;
- approval by the Department of English or Comparative Literature at Princeton.
Applications must be submitted by March 14 for the fall and September 23 for the spring to the Office of International Programs.
A complete application consists of:
- the UCL Application Form for Affiliate Students (,pdf)*
- two letters of reference in sealed envelopes with the recommender’s signature on the flap
- an official Princeton transcript.
*UCL application helpful hint: Please do not list a 2nd choice department. This will delay your application approval considerably. You may still take courses in other departments without listing them on the form.
In addition to a program application, students must also complete the Princeton Study Abroad Course Approval Form, which is due on November 1 for spring programs and on May 1 for fall programs. This form is reviewed by the Committee on Examinations and Standing, which grants final approval to participate in the program. Students who meet the university eligibility requirements to study abroad and who have the support of their department are normally approved by the Committee.