Civil & Environmental Engineering
Engineering students are encouraged to obtain international experience through participation in the University's Study Abroad Program or through summer internships and language study abroad. Interested students should begin planning early by meeting with the associate dean for undergraduate affairs to discuss suitable programs at foreign universities.
Study abroad can be used to enhance and diversify the educational experience. For many CEE students, study abroad has served as a valuable option for junior independent work and in providing research material for the senior thesis.
Courses taken during foreign study may be pre-approved for credit as departmentals by the department representative. Students considering study abroad should consult with the departmental representative as early as possible.
Take a look at Study Abroad for Engineering Students: Frequently Asked Questions, a very useful handout put together by Peter Bogucki, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs, Engineering and Applied Science.
Special Engineering Programs:
University of Oxford Exchange: The School of Engineering offers the opportunity to participate in the Oxford Engineering Exchange Program. The program enables CEE students to spend their junior year in Oxford.
Other Suggested Programs:
CEE majors can study abroad through a variety of programs. Below are some suggestions from your study abroad advisers:
- University of Melbourne, Australia*
- University of New South Wales, Australia*
- University of Queensland, Australia*
- CIEE Liberal Arts Program in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil*
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad, Copenhagen, Denmark*
- Oxford-Princeton Exchange in Engineering, Oxford, England
- CentraleSupelec, Exchange in Engineering, Paris, France*
- Cornell in Rome, Italy
- University of Auckland, New Zealand*
- University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Princeton Tropical Biology Program in Panama*
- University of Edinburgh via IFSA-Butler, Scotland
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain*