Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
EEB closely integrates field, lab, and theoretical approaches. There are ample opportunities to take lab and theory courses on campus. We strongly encourage all students to take at least one intensive field course abroad, either in one of our three programs or at a foreign university.
In addition to the Semesters in the Field (Tropical Biology in Panama and Tropical Biology in Kenya), EEB majors have studied abroad during the academic year at the following programs in recent years:
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
- Worcester College, University of Oxford, England
- University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Consortium for Advanced Studies in Barcelona, Spain
- IES in Salamanca, Spain
- ETH Zurich, Switzerland
In addition to the institutions mentioned above, students could consider the University of Auckland, University of Otago, and University of Canterbury, all in New Zealand.
Check out Sabina Hlavaty's video about her experience at James Cook University.