Each year, a few mathematics majors choose to spend a semester or a year studying mathematics at universities abroad. It is recommended that students consider studying abroad at some time during their junior year, as it is usually possible to make arrangements for junior independent work while abroad. It is somewhat harder to make arrangements for senior thesis supervision, or final examinations at the end of the senior year.
MAT majors can study abroad through a variety of programs. Below are some suggestions from your study abroad advisers:
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- University of Hong Kong, China
- Worcester College, University of Oxford, England*
- Center for University Programs Abroad (CUPA), Paris, France
- Budapest Semesters in Mathematics, Hungary*
- Math in Moscow, Independent University, Russia
- National University of Singapore
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- IES Abroad in Salamanca, Spain
- ETH Zurich, Switzerland*
Additionally, students have studied at Cambridge University in England, at branches of the Universite de Paris, at Bonn University in Germany, and at various universities in Israel.