Operations Research & Financial Engineering
Engineering students are encouraged to obtain international experience through participation in the University's Study Abroad Program or through summer internships and language study abroad. Interested students should begin planning early by meeting with the associate dean for undergraduate affairs to discuss suitable programs at foreign universities.
Take a look at Study Abroad for Engineering Students: Frequently Asked Questions (.pdf), a very useful handout put together by Peter Bogucki, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs, Engineering and Applied Science.
In recent years, ORFE majors have studied abroad through the following programs:
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- University of Sydney via IFSA-Butler, Australia
- Tsinghua University via Columbia University, Beijing, China
- University College London, England
- Worcester College, Oxford University, Oxford, England
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- Bocconi University, Italy
- University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
University of Bath in Bath, England also has a strong program for ORF concentrators.