Non-Princeton Summer Study Abroad Program Options
If Princeton’s summer programs don’t suit your academic needs or interests, you may look into non-Princeton summer programs offered by other universities or program providers. You should discuss your program(s) of interest with a study abroad adviser in the Office of International Programs before applying to ensure that the program meets some basic requirements (contact hours, length of program, program quality).
All courses taken in the summer must be approved by the relevant departmental representative. Be sure to review the policies regarding obtaining credit for non-Princeton courses. Remember that all non-Princeton summer courses must be preapproved to be eligible for academic credit. All courses in the program options listed on this site are not automatically approved.
To start searching for non-Princeton summer programs, you can:
- Review the programs listed by region below. Note that:
- These lists of summer programs are not meant to be restrictive or exhaustive.
- Program themes, course offerings, and dates change from year to year.
- You should review program details with a study abroad adviser in the Office of International Programs to ensure the program satisfies Princeton requirements.
Many strong U.S. institutions offer their own summer programs abroad through their summer sessions and accept students from other universities. The programs are located in various locations and focus on a range of academic disciplines. Often programs change from year to year, so make sure you review the most current offerings. The following universities offer programs that may be of interest.
- Brown University, Office of International Programs
- Columbia University, Office of Global Programs
- Duke University, Global Education Office for Undergraduates
- Harvard University, Study Abroad Office
- New York University, Summer Abroad
- Northwestern University, Study Abroad Office
- University of Pennsylvania, Penn Summer Abroad
- Yale University, Summer Session
|Asia||Middle East/North Africa|
|Australia & New Zealand||North America|