OIT's Information Security Office announced its new training schedule. Join in for one, several of all of the 45-minute 'Morning Chats, 'Brown Bag Lunches' or afternoon 'Coffee Talks' on information security.
- Scammers are busily “phishing” for personal information like your social security number, birth date, user accounts and passwords—anything that can give them to access your account, credit or identity, or compromise your computer or device.
- More than 100 information technology professionals from across the University gathered at 701 Carnegie Center to share in the experience of a conference without a program and without an agenda. With so many sessions to choose from, one attendee was wanting the conference to be two days.
- Traveling for business and need to stay in touch? Look to OIT's mobile loaner program and borrow a smart phone, tablet, laptop, or mobile hotspot to stay connected.
News & Announcements
If you maintain, edit, design, or develop websites at Princeton University, come experience new "Website Wednesdays". Sponsored by OIT Web Development Services, the event highlights what's new with Princeton's Drupal offering and explores web topics that attendees choose.
Come explore the "Privacy’s Evolution & Why It Matters to You." Princeton's CISO will help us gain insight into both the history of privacy and why everyone needs to be thinking about it in their personal and professional lives. Registration is required; seats are limited.
Come join the conversation about one of the newest technology buzz words, the "Internet of Things" or IoT. The session provides background on the IoT, what is in place now, where it could be heading, and why we all need to be aware of it. Remember to register online; seats are limited.
Outages & Alerts
- Phishing Attempt: DocSecurity Incident Response
- Phishing Attempt: New Payroll Information !Security Incident Response
- Phishing Attempt: T. M. J. Shared A Folder With YouSecurity Incident Response
- PeopleSoft (PRIME) will require SRA/VPN As of 3/25PeopleSoft Financials
- Phishing Attempt: 14245 "Princeton NetID"Security Incident Response
- OIT Support and Operations Telephone SystemTelephone Management System Support
- IT SERVICE UPGRADE - phishing attemptSecurity Incident Response
- Phishing attempt - STUDENT EMPLOYMENT!Security Incident Response
- Phishing Attempt: Subject: service order #service order #G-19201700 15/03/2017 07:08:02Security Incident Response
- No known outages.
- Campus Data Network (CDN Wired) maintenance at Green Hall.Campus Data Network (CDN Wired)Planned Outage — 03/30/17 7:00 a.m. to 03/30/17 8:00 a.m.
- Modification of Dev/QA Windows ServersOIT Windows Managed ServerPlanned Outage — 03/30/17 7:00 a.m. to 03/30/17 8:00 a.m.
- Off-Campus Migration for Personal cPanel accounts from MYCPANEL2Personal cPanel Planned Outage — 04/01/17 8:30 p.m. to 04/02/17 2:30 a.m.
- Jamf ProJamf ProPlanned Outage — 04/04/17 5:00 a.m. to 04/04/17 7:00 a.m.
- Upgrade Bomgar infrastructure to Bomgar Application 16.2.4 BomgarPlanned Outage — 04/04/17 6:00 a.m. to 04/04/17 7:00 a.m.
- Upgrade of Simphony MyMicrosPoint of Sale Application SupportPlanned Outage — 04/04/17 8:00 a.m. to 04/04/17 1:00 p.m.
- Patch PCI VMware EnvironmentOIT Managed VMware InfrastructurePlanned Outage — 04/10/17 8:00 a.m. to 04/10/17 12:00 p.m.
- Off-Campus Migration for Personal cPanel accountsPersonal cPanel Planned Outage — 04/13/17 8:30 p.m. to 04/14/17 3:30 a.m.
- CS GoldCS GoldPlanned Outage — 04/23/17 5:30 a.m. to 04/23/17 9:00 a.m.