Secure Remote Access (SRA) is replacing the University's VPN service, which will be turned off on January 7, 2016.
- Scammers are busily “phishing” for personal information like your social security number, birth date, user accounts and passwords—anything that can give them to access your account, credit or identity, or compromise your computer or device.
- Traveling for business and need to stay in touch? Look to OIT's mobile loaner program and borrow a smart phone, tablet, laptop, or mobile hotspot to stay connected.
News & Announcements
PICSciE and the Program for Quantitative and Analytical Political Science (Q-APS) are hosting a the two-hour session that focuses on Big Data, complete with a talk and mini-workshop.
A practical introduction to parallel computing for scientific/numerical codes using MPI and OpenMP, with lab exercises that provide hands-on experience running code on Princeton's high-performance computing cluster.
New 'Secure File Share' service on campus protects email attachments. University faculty, staff and students can use the service to securely exchange attachments through email.
Outages & Alerts
- ProofPoint Digest Issues - Releasing Quarantined Messages
- Discontinue use of "to-be-retired" VPN service; use Secure Remote Access (SRA)
- Phishing Attempt Subject Line "Fwd: Important Message."
- Exchange email connectivity problem for some users.
- Phishing Attempt: "alert!!!"
- Phishing Attempt: "Subject: FW: Attention Email User."
- Phishing Attempt: Faculty And Staff!
- Phishing Attempt: "Notice"
- No known outages.
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)12/01/15 5:00 a.m. to 12/01/15 7:00 a.m.
- Rolling restart on BlackBoard site.12/01/15 5:00 a.m. to 12/01/15 7:00 a.m.
- Migrate Bomgar3 server from old storage to new.12/01/15 6:00 a.m. to 12/01/15 7:00 a.m.
- Upgrade of Casper JSS to version 9.81.12/02/15 7:00 a.m. to 12/02/15 5:00 p.m.
- SRA VPN update.12/03/15 5:00 a.m. to 12/04/15 6:00 a.m.
- Upgrade Campus CAS (Central Authentication Service) to support two-factor authentication12/03/15 5:00 a.m. to 12/03/15 7:00 a.m.
- PeopleSoft Production Environments Oracle Patching12/03/15 6:00 a.m. to 12/03/15 7:00 a.m.
- Migrate deprecated Oracle database to Exadata x200 machine12/03/15 6:00 a.m. to 12/03/15 7:00 a.m.
- Fiber plant maintenance - 87 Prosect to Computer Science CDN.12/03/15 7:30 a.m. to 12/03/15 8:00 a.m.
- Implementation of cPanel file system scanning for malware.12/03/15 9:30 p.m. to 12/03/15 11:00 p.m.
- Internet2 service maintenance12/05/15 5:00 a.m. to 12/05/15 6:00 a.m.
- Patching of CrashPlan server.12/05/15 10:30 a.m. to 12/05/15 11:30 a.m.
- Apply Oracle patch(s) for Security Alert Advisory for CVE-2015-4852 to Development and QA environments.12/07/15 6:00 a.m. to 12/07/15 7:00 a.m.
- Apply Oracle patch(s) for Security Alert Advisory to Custom Application Production environment.12/10/15 6:00 a.m. to 12/10/15 7:00 a.m.