If you maintain, edit, design, or develop websites at Princeton University, come experience new "Website Wednesdays". Sponsored by OIT Web Development Services, the event highlights what's new with Princeton's Drupal offering and explores web topics that attendees choose.
- Scammers are busily “phishing” for personal information like your social security number, birth date, user accounts and passwords—anything that can give them to access your account, credit or identity, or compromise your computer or device.
- More than 100 information technology professionals from across the University gathered at 701 Carnegie Center to share in the experience of a conference without a program and without an agenda. With so many sessions to choose from, one attendee was wanting the conference to be two days.
- Traveling for business and need to stay in touch? Look to OIT's mobile loaner program and borrow a smart phone, tablet, laptop, or mobile hotspot to stay connected.
News & Announcements
Come join one or several of the upcoming research computing events sponsored by PicSCIE and OIT. Choose from workshops and mini-courses on topics from Allinea to Visualization.
Research Computing Day will showcase computational and data-intensive research by graduate students and postdocs from all disciplines, as well as highlight the research computing support, services and infrastructure available to Princeton researchers.
Do you use MATLAB? Register for the 'Princeton Speaks MATLAB' kickoff event, and join peer MATLAB users for networking and a community of support.
Outages & Alerts
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: Notification
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: Additional compensation for employee.
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: New Payroll List!
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: IT Help Desk - Your Outlook Web Account has been Suspended
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: princeton Outlook
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: Hello! 1Unread Mail
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: "Payroll Review for Staffs"
- No known outages.
- WAN ManagementModification of Border Gateway Protocol 87 routing configuration for all internet servicesPlanned Outage — 11/03/16 6:00 a.m. to 11/03/16 7:00 a.m.
- OIT Firewall for Managed ServersStonesoft Firewall MaintenancePlanned Outage — 11/01/16 7:00 a.m. to 11/01/16 10:00 a.m.
- OracleReplacing the Oracle oid service with openldapPlanned Outage — 11/03/16 5:00 a.m. to 11/03/16 5:10 a.m.
- TableauMaintenance on Tableau Server (Production and Public).Planned Outage — 10/28/16 7:30 a.m. to 10/28/16 10:30 a.m.
- Ellucian Advance StripesEllucian Advance Stripes UpgradePlanned Outage — 10/28/16 7:00 a.m. to 10/28/16 11:00 a.m.
- EDUROAM AuthenticationEduroam wireless move to ClearPass for entire Princeton campus.Planned Outage — 11/01/16 6:00 a.m. to 11/01/16 7:00 a.m.
- E-Policy OrchestratorMcAfee E-Policy Orchestrator (ePO) Production UpgradePlanned Outage — 11/03/16 5:00 a.m. to 11/03/16 7:00 a.m.
- Managed Computing EnvironmentsUpgrade1E Nightwatchman Infrastructure to release 7.1Planned Outage — 11/01/16 9:00 a.m. to 11/01/16 11:00 a.m.
- Managed Computing EnvironmentsUpgrade of Production Sassafras Key Server for DeSC.Planned Outage — 10/27/16 6:00 a.m. to 10/27/16 7:00 a.m.
- Managed Computing EnvironmentsUpgrade Casper JSS and move Casper service to new serverPlanned Outage — 10/27/16 6:00 a.m. to 10/27/16 7:00 a.m.
- SharePoint ServerADFS 3.0 UpdatePlanned Outage — 11/01/16 6:30 a.m. to 11/01/16 7:00 a.m.
- BlackboardBlackboard maintenance updatePlanned Outage — 10/31/16 8:00 p.m. to 11/01/16 8:00 a.m.
- OIT Firewall for Managed ServersStonesoft PCI Firewall UpgradePlanned Outage — 11/01/16 6:00 a.m. to 11/01/16 7:00 a.m.
- Financials ApplicationPeopleSoft tools upgrade to 8.55 for FinancialsPlanned Outage — 10/28/16 5:00 p.m. to 10/31/16 8:00 a.m.