If you maintain, edit, design, or develop websites at Princeton University, come experience new "Website Wednesdays". Sponsored by OIT Web Development Services, the event highlights what's new with Princeton's Drupal offering and explores web topics that attendees choose.
- Scammers are busily “phishing” for personal information like your social security number, birth date, user accounts and passwords—anything that can give them to access your account, credit or identity, or compromise your computer or device.
- More than 100 information technology professionals from across the University gathered at 701 Carnegie Center to share in the experience of a conference without a program and without an agenda. With so many sessions to choose from, one attendee was wanting the conference to be two days.
- Traveling for business and need to stay in touch? Look to OIT's mobile loaner program and borrow a smart phone, tablet, laptop, or mobile hotspot to stay connected.
News & Announcements
Come explore the "Privacy’s Evolution & Why It Matters to You." Princeton's CISO will help us gain insight into both the history of privacy and why everyone needs to be thinking about it in their personal and professional lives. Registration is required; seats are limited.
Come join the conversation about one of the newest technology buzz words, the "Internet of Things" or IoT. The session provides background on the IoT, what is in place now, where it could be heading, and why we all need to be aware of it. Remember to register online; seats are limited.
Come join one or several of the upcoming research computing events sponsored by PicSCIE and OIT. Choose from workshops and mini-courses on topics from Allinea to Visualization.
Outages & Alerts
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: PO.H5343-2017.01.22
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: Subject Title: RE: HelpDesk
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: Fwd: Dear mailbox user
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: New Picture Uploaded
- Security Incident ResponsePhishing Attempt: Mailbox Termination (Do not ignore)
- No known outages.
- Microsoft SQL ServerApply Microsoft Security Patch to SQL Server Planned Outage — 01/26/17 6:00 a.m. to 01/26/17 7:00 a.m.
- Campus Data Network (CDN Wired)CDN network outage at West CollegePlanned Outage — 01/26/17 7:00 a.m. to 01/26/17 8:00 a.m.
- Tivoli Storage ManagerUpgrade microcode on the New South TSM Tape LibraryPlanned Outage — 01/30/17 9:00 a.m. to 01/30/17 5:00 p.m.
- Personal cPanel PHP,Unix kernel, and MySQL updates on Personal cPanel serversPlanned Outage — 01/30/17 9:00 p.m. to 01/31/17 12:00 a.m.
- Network ServicesEnable TCAM memory banking on core-87 for sampled netflowPlanned Outage — 01/31/17 6:00 a.m. to 01/31/17 7:00 a.m.
- HR: Time CollectionTime CollectionPlanned Outage — 02/02/17 9:00 a.m. to 02/02/17 9:40 a.m.
- Departmental cPanelUpdates on the OITDAS and Departmental PROD cPanel serversPlanned Outage — 02/02/17 8:00 p.m. to 02/03/17 2:00 a.m.
- Tivoli Storage ManagerUpgrade microcode on the 151 TSM Tape LibraryPlanned Outage — 02/08/17 9:00 a.m. to 02/08/17 6:00 p.m.