Learn how to secure the many personal devices you have at home. Experts from the OIT Information Security Office will tell you how on May 14 and May 26. Come, listen and learn.
- Join colleagues and the Princeton community in celebrating the 6th Annual Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on April 24th, from 1 to 4pm at the Friend Center.
- Scammers are busily “phishing” for personal information like your social security number, birth date, user accounts and passwords—anything that can give them to access your account, credit or identity, or compromise your computer or device.
- More than 100 information technology professionals from across the University gathered at 701 Carnegie Center to share in the experience of a conference without a program and without an agenda. With so many sessions to choose from, one attendee was wanting the conference to be two days.
News & Announcements
If you maintain, edit, design, or develop websites at Princeton University, come experience new "Website Wednesdays". Sponsored by OIT Web Development Services, the event highlights what's new with Princeton's Drupal offering and explores web topics that attendees choose.
OIT's Information Security Office announced its new training schedule. Join in for one, several of all of the 45-minute 'Morning Chats, 'Brown Bag Lunches' or afternoon 'Coffee Talks' on information security.
Come explore the "Privacy’s Evolution & Why It Matters to You." Princeton's CISO will help us gain insight into both the history of privacy and why everyone needs to be thinking about it in their personal and professional lives. Registration is required; seats are limited.
Outages & Alerts
- Phishing Attempt: Wells fargo # Verify account!Security Incident Response
- Legitimate Mailing: "Senior Checkout Fair Prerequisite: Senior Survey"Help Desk Services
- Phishing Attempt: Parking fine #[random number]Security Incident Response
- Phishing Attempt: American Express: Important message, Please read canSecurity Incident Response
- Google Drive & Apps: New Google sign-in pageGoogle Drive & Apps
- Phishing Attempt: Secure message from J.T.Security Incident Response
- PeopleSoft (PRIME) will require SRA/VPN As of 3/25PeopleSoft Financials
- Phishing Attempt: Review <Princeton NetID>@princeton.eduSecurity Incident Response
- Phishing Attempt: SV: IT DEPARTMENTSecurity Incident Response
- Legitimate Mailing: "Year End Assessment Completion Information"Help Desk Services
- Phishing Attempt: Update WebIDSecurity Operations
- Phishing Attempt: ID: 431-Account Reset NotificationSecurity Incident Response
- Phishing Attempt: Unsuccessful Login AttemptSecurity Incident Response
- Phishing Attempt: ICT HELPDESKSecurity Incident Response
- Phishing Attempt: Your payment has been scheduledSecurity Incident Response
- Phishing Attempt: Shipment delivery problem #[random number]Security Incident Response
- No known outages.
- PPN network outage for Switch upgradePrinceton Private Network (PPN) WiredPlanned Outage — 04/25/17 7:00 a.m. to 04/25/17 8:00 a.m.
- Symplectic Elements upgrade.Help Desk ServicesPlanned Outage — 04/25/17 7:00 a.m. to 04/25/17 9:00 a.m.
- CDN Network Outage at Frist Campus CenterCampus Data Network (CDN Wired)Planned Outage — 04/27/17 6:00 a.m. to 04/27/17 8:00 a.m.
- Enable Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect public services.Network ServicesPlanned Outage — 05/02/17 5:00 a.m. to 05/02/17 7:00 a.m.
- Upgrade the TSM7 instance to TSM version 126.96.36.199 Tivoli Storage ManagerPlanned Outage — 05/03/17 9:00 a.m. to 05/03/17 2:00 p.m.
- TSM10 instance will be upgraded to version 7 TSM software.Tivoli Storage ManagerPlanned Outage — 05/31/17 9:00 a.m. to 05/31/17 3:00 p.m.