Mission and Goals
The mission of the Office of Information Technology (OIT) is to enable the effective use of information technology in support of the University.
In pursuit of this mission, OIT's goals are to:
- Deliver information technology products and services that meet the needs of the Princeton community and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Support the use and development of information technology to enable academic innovation in teaching, learning, research, and scholarship.
- Provide leadership in planning for the effective use of technology.
- Provide a robust, reliable, and secure information technology infrastructure.
- Attract, develop, and retain quality information technology professionals.
- Enable communication and collaboration among information technology professionals and users of information technology at Princeton.
OIT's strategic plan:
The OIT strategic plan, "Information Technology at Princeton in the 21st Century: A Strategic Direction," provides a summary of the direction of IT at Princeton in support of OIT's mission and goals.