Office of the VP for Information Technology and CIO
The departments of the Office of Information Technology report to and are led by the
VP for Information Technology and CIO.
For an overview of the organizational structure of OIT, see the OIT organization chart.
The departments are described below.
Academic Technology Services
Academic Technology Services (ATS) is led by Serge Goldstein and builds, manages and supports websites, applications and related technologies that further the academic mission of the University.
The groups within Academic Technology Services are:
- Director's Office (including Project Office);
- Academic Systems Support and Training;
- Digital Repository Architecture;
- Humanities Resource Center (HRC);
- Programming and Database Services;
- Web Development Services.
Administrative Information Services
Administrative Information Services (AIS) is led by Colin Currie and provides implementation, maintenance and support services for the University’s enterprise administrative systems.
Administrative Information Services is comprised of five groups:
- Collaborative Solutions and the Person Office;
- Custom Development, Data Warehousing, and Integration;
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems;
- Package Adaptation and Customization;
- Packaged Solutions and Integration.
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) is led by Donna Tatro provides e-mail, data security, and directory services; and installs, maintains, and monitors the performance and security of the University's server and storage infrastructure as well as its data centers.
Enterprise Infrastructure Services includes four groups:
- Systems and Data Management Services;
- Collaboration Services Group;
- Enterprise Servers and Storage;
- Security and Data Protection.
Operations and Planning
Operations and Planning (OP) is led by Nadine Stern and is responsible for the overall effectiveness of the OIT organization in serving the University and for overseeing IT-related initiatives that will strengthen campus-wide IT services, while helping the University operate more efficiently.
Operations and Planning has five functional groups:
- OIT Budget and Finance;
- Organizational Effectiveness & Strategic Initiatives (including Administration, IT Training and Documentation, Collaboration and Conferencing Technologies, and Software Sales);
- IT Security;
- Strategic Communications;
- Technology Consulting Services.
Princeton Project Office
Princeton Project Office (PPO) is led by Janet Pumo and is responsible for providing project management and change management consulting, mentoring, and facilitation services; and project management methodology, tools, and training.
Princeton Project Office has three functional areas:
- Project Office;
- Change Management;
- IT Governance.
Research Computing (RC) is led by Curt Hillegas and provides computing, storage, and software infrastructure and programming help to support faculty, professional staff, and students in their research.
The groups within Research Computing are:
- Research Computing Systems and Storage;
- Research Computing Software and Programming.
Support Services (SS) is led by Steven Sather and provides front-line IT support for all members of the University community.
Support Services is comprised of six groups:
- Desktop Support (including Hardware and Software Support and
the OIT Solutions Center Tech Clinic);
- Customer Services (including the Support and Operations Center, Student Computing Services, and Media Services);
- Networking and Telecommunications;
- Distributed Computing Support (SCAD and DCS programs);
- Managed Environment Support (DeSC program and FCP);
- IT Policy.