Summer 2008 Training Opportunities
The new Summer 2008 training lineup of OIT, HR and Ombuds classes is now available for registration at www.princeton.edu/training.
Office of Information Technology
The PeopleSoft HRMS and Student Administration systems will be upgraded to Version 9 in early August. Check out the new system with added features and functionality by attending the following training sessions: NOTE: This upgrade does not impact the PS Financials Purchasing system.
- NEW What's New and Different in PeopleSoft Version 9 HRMS and Student Admin - This class will cover all the new features in Version 9 including navigation, searching, using the new online help feature, personalizing the system, and self-service.
- NEW PeopleSoft Version 9 Student Records - Intended for administrative staff in the academic departments who are responsible for viewing and maintaining academic records. New features of PeopleSoft Version 9 will also be covered.
- NEW PeopleSoft Version 9 CAP/CUP (formerly CIS) - This hands-on class will cover the new and improved Course Approval and Course Update process. It will also review all the changes that were made as a result of the PeopleSoft upgrade.
SharePoint is a Microsoft Office collaboration tool that provides users with a common place to communicate and share information. Its advantages include familiar Web navigation, high integration with Office 2003 and 2007 programs, and easy access through a web browser. Check out the following classes to learn more about this great new tool:
- NEW Introduction to SharePoint - This hands-on class introduces SharePoint to the new user. Learn to navigate a SharePoint site and contribute content such as announcements, discussions and documents.
- NEW SharePoint for Site Owners - This hands-on class is for those who will be managing their own SharePoint site. Learn how to customize a SharePoint site home page, set permissions for access to your site, and set up a document library. Prerequisite for this class: Introduction to SharePoint.
Vista and Office 2007 Will you or your office be migrating to Vista/Office2007 this summer or early fall? The following classes will help make your transition an easy one.
- Introduction to Vista - Explore Microsoft's new Vista operating system including the new start menu and desktop, new sidebar and gadgets feature, some new folder and file management tools and the new Search feature.
- What's New and Different in Office 2007 - This hands-on class presents the new Fluent interface for Office 2007, and covers new and different features in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- NEW Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint classes for Office 2007.
HR Core Learning Curriculum and Management Development Certificate Program
Learning and Development is happy to announce its Summer Schedule.
All Five Required Classes Offered
Due to the demand and increase of enrollment in the Management Development Certificate program, we are offering all five required class options during the summer.
Per participants' needs and feedback we added two new elective classes: "Developing and Delivering Successful Presentations" and "Contributing to Meeting Success," which is a great option for employees who attend meetings rather than lead them. In conjunction with our required classes and new classes, we are offering several other elective options for you on such topics as diversity, teamwork, change, trust, time management, emotional intelligence and customer service. We're also offering our Conducting Effective Interviews class for hiring managers.
New Classes for Certificate Graduates Only
Strength Deployment Inventory (Part I) and Strength Deployment Inventory: Applications and Insights (Part II)
The applications of the Strength Deployment Inventory are many, including building awareness of self and others, leadership development, team building, conflict management, and dispute resolution and mediation, to name a few. We added another SDI class as a follow-up to the original in which the discussion on motivation, behavior, and conflict and opposition will continue. Additionally, time will be spent on your application and insights from the assessment tool and class activities.
Mid-Day Matinee Sessions - COMING SOON
The Office of Human Resources will be conducting several hour long mid-day sessions this summer on HR related topics in the areas of Benefits, Compensation, Labor Relations, Staffing, etc. More information will be made available shortly so please check the HR website frequently for updates at www.princeton.edu/hr as well as the training registration website at www.princeton.edu/training.
Ombuds Coaching and Training
Conflict can be a difficult challenge. It is hard to recognize that it is also an opportunity to learn. Princeton University's Ombuds Office offers high-quality coaching and training services in conflict management, facilitation and mediation for University members. All sessions run from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Conflict Management 101 July 11 & 25 (both sessions required)
- Negotiation Skills August 15 & 29 (both sessions required)
- Facilitation Skills September 12 & 26 (both sessions required)
Questions about general training can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.