Central computing services outage the weekend of March 15-16
The Department of Facilities requires an electrical power outage at the main University data center to install new electrical equipment. This work will improve reliability and increase the capacity of the electrical infrastructure at the data center. OIT and Facilities have worked to find a time that will cause as little disruption as possible. The work has been scheduled to begin Saturday, March 15, at 6:00 p.m. and conclude Sunday, March 16, at 10:00 p.m.
To minimize the impact on the University community the following services will be available without interruption throughout the outage:
- Core University website pages
- Exchange e-mail and calendaring/Outlook Web Access/Blackberry services
- IMAP e-mail
- Central file services
- OIT website and outage updates
- Campus and Internet connectivity
- Cluster software servers and software license servers
- Windows printing including student cluster printing
- Student cluster servers, and application license managers
- Undergraduate Admissions/Financial Aid online applications
- Online Giving to Princeton
The campus community should expect that most other central computing services will not be available during this period.
The OIT Help Desk will be open throughout the outage to answer any questions you may have. The OIT website at www.princeton.edu/oit will also be updated with any information as necessary during this outage. If you have any questions, please call 258-4357(HELP), send e-mail to email@example.com, or use online chat from www.princeton.edu/oit.
OIT and Facilities regret the inconvenience this outage will cause. We thank you for your patience and understanding.