Revised outage information for weekend of Feb. 9-10
The Department of Facilities has identified a problem that cannot be resolved in time to proceed with the scheduled installation of the new electrical equipment in the main data center this weekend.
OIT will still proceed with the computing upgrades that were planned, making some services unavailable on Saturday, February 9, from 8 a.m. to noon. To minimize the impact on the University community, the following services will remain available:
- Core University website pages
- Exchange e-mail and calendaring/OWA/Blackberry services
- OIT website and outage updates
- Campus and Internet connectivity
- Central file services (//files)
- Windows printing including student cluster printing
- Student cluster servers, and application license managers
Many other services will be unavailable including:
- IMAP/WebMail e-mail service
By noon all services will be restored to normal operation. During this period updates will be posted on the OIT website, www.princeton.edu/oit and the OIT Help Desk will be available at 609-258-4357.
At some point in the future we will need to reschedule a time for Facilities to complete the work on the electrical upgrade. A general announcement will be made for the rescheduled dates.
OIT and Facilities regret the inconvenience this rescheduling may cause. New dates will be announced as soon as possible.