BlackBerry device users need to download 2007 Daylight Saving Time patch
Due to the change this year in Daylight Saving Time (DST), owners of BlackBerry devices will need to update their firmware. Unless you download a DST patch, your device may not update its internal clock correctly.
Follow the steps below. Note that your device will need at least fifteen minutes to reset, so make sure your battery is charged before beginning. If you would like help from a technical support representative, please call your SCAD/DCS staff or the OIT Help Desk at 8-4357.
- Make sure your BlackBerry device is fully charged or plugged in.
- Make sure you have a good signal from your wireless carrier.
- Use the BlackBerry web browser and go to the following web site: http://www.blackberry.com/dst2007
- Scroll down the page until you see a button in the center of the screen labeled "Download."
- Select this button and use the scroll wheel to "Get Link."
- You will be prompted to download a patch from "Research in Motion."
- Select the "Download" button.
- Once downloaded, you will be prompted to reboot. Select the reboot button and wait for 15 to 20 minutes. When you reboot the BlackBerry, you may notice a rotating "hourglass" for several minutes. This is normal.
- To check that the update applied, go to the "Options" panel. At the top you will see "2007 DST Patch." If you select this, it should indicate "2007 DST patch applied." The update applied successfully.
If you have any questions, please contact the OIT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 258-4357.