Blackboard 9.1: What's new
Blackboard 9.1 is here, and while the interface looks very much the same, there are new features and a few enhancements worth getting excited about. Some of the new features that 9.1 offers are:
- bulk file handling, including bulk uploads, management, and content use in a Course;
- file sharing using the drop box within Blackboard course sites for convenient file exchange with people inside and outside of the Princeton University community;
- support for YouTube videos, SlideShare presentations, Flickr photos, and Lesson Plans with the content type, Mashups;
- Paste From Word tool, which maintains formatting when pasting from MS Word; and
- a tool for creating Wikis for courses, organizations, and groups.
The Grade Center offers a number of enhancements to support grading efforts, including:
- customizable Smart Views;
- Anonymous Grading, which conceals student identity while grading, and;
- question-by-question grading, which supports grade assessments question by question for all students, rather than all questions by one students.
Blackboard support can be reached by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Blackboard Help Line at (609) 258-0737. The Blackboard website is located online at www.princeton.edu/bb.