Privacy and Security
Ensure the privacy and security of critical systems and information
In a world of increasingly sophisticated technology threats and attacks, it is essential that Princeton and OIT take deliberate, broad steps to ensure data privacy and security. This is a cooperative strategy that combines clear and accountable policies, personal responsibility and coordinated technical measures to protect and preserve our information resources.
This goal will focus on:
- Determining what additional services OIT could offer to :
- help users responsibly use outside systems (e.g. official “vetting” of services like DropBox for file storage)
- “vet” internally developed systems
- Determine what the next steps are in identity and access management (e.g. role-based)
- Establish a strategy for “security reviews” of Princeton’s information systems (Which ones? Why? How often?)
- Raise awareness among the Princeton community on best practices in areas such as, securing information, handling confidential data, etc.