Award Negotiation and Acceptance
There are several items involved in the negotiation and acceptance of a sponsored award before the actual project or program can be initiated.
- Evaluate the funded or non-funded agreement relationship to determine the appropriate procedures
- Negotiate the award terms and conditions to ensure compliance with University policies
- Validate whether pre-award spending is necessary or allowed on the sponsored award
- Fully execute the award to ensure acceptance on behalf of the University
- Communicate the pertinent award terms to the responsible parties using the Coeus Notice of Award vehicle