The proposal development process includes the following key areas:
- Defining University roles and responsibilities with respect to proposal development
- Reviewing and interpreting the sponsor's proposal guidelines
- Preparing all required proposal documentation
- Preparing a budget that supports the project scope of work and adheres to University guidelines
- Understanding potential compliance requirements
- Tracking submitted proposals
- Preparing proposal resubmissions or supplements
The proposal development process requires access to various types of information in order to prepare the required proposal documentation:
The Fact Sheet includes University identifying information, such as certification numbers and key dates that may be required when completing proposal submission forms.
The Rate Sheet includes University rates used to prepare proposal budgets.
Sponsor Proposal Guidelines
These provide agency-specific instructions on proposal preparation. During proposal preparation, the agency-specific guides should be used along with, and not in place of, the appropriate solicitation, program announcement, or request for proposal. Our Sponsor page provides links to the major agency proposal guidelines.