Department of Defense (DOD)
The most common Department of Defense agencies funding University research grants include:
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- Army Research Laboratory’s Army Research Office (ARL/ARO)
- Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
Effective July 1, 2008, all new ONR, AFOSR, ARO, and ARL grants and funding increments on existing research grants to organizations subject to 2 CFR Part 215 will incorporate by reference the Research Terms and Conditions/Agency Specific Requirements dated July 2008 or later.