Princeton University mathematician Manjul Bhargava was awarded the 2014 Fields Medal, often referred to as the "Nobel Prize of mathematics," in recognition of his work in the geometry of numbers.
Office of Technology Licensing
Personalized attention, comprehensive services, innovative technologies... Welcome to Princeton University's Office of Technology Licensing
Moses Charikar, a professor of computer science and Anatoly Spitkovsky, an associate professor of astrophysical sciences have been selected to receive 2014 Simons Investigators awards.
People choosing between two or more equally positive outcomes experience paradoxical feelings of pleasure and anxiety, feelings associated with activity in different regions of the brain, according to research led by Amitai Shenhav, an associate research scholar at the Princeton Neuroscience Institute at Princeton University.
PPPL receives $4.3 million to increase understanding of the role that plasma plays in synthesizing nanoparticles
The new funds will expand research in a nanotechnology laboratory that the lab launched in 2012 with PPPL Laboratory Directed Research and Development funds.
John Storey, a professor of molecular biology and the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, has been named the director of the new Center for Statistics and Machine Learning.
Emily Carter receives Remsen Award for outstanding achievement in chemistry. The award recognizes her work in pioneering the development of unique tools to study and design materials, most recently for sustainable energy from solar and fuel cells to fusion.
- Sep 16, 2014, 5:30 p.m.Cira Centre, 2929 Arch Street, 12th Floor (BakerHostetler Conference Center)
- Sep 17, 2014, 5:00 p.m.Via email
- Sep 30, 2014, 12:30 p.m.Online
- Oct 6, 2014, 8:00 a.m.Heldrich Hotel, 10 Livingston Ave, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Eric and Wendy Schmidt Fund for Transformative Technology: Letters of Interest being accepted throughOct 9, 2014, 5:00 p.m.Online
- Nov 8, 2014, 10:00 a.m.Berlin, Germany
- Nov 13, 2014, 5:00 p.m.Chancellor Green Rotunda, Princeton University