From Innovation to Industrial Product
Princeton's Office of Technology Licensing is industry's personal access to technological innovations based on the University's strong tradition of ground-breaking fundamental research. We take pride in building relationships with industrial partners looking for innovative solutions to their business challenges.
Our database of available technologies contains numerous entries in categories ranging from the life sciences to engineering. To view technologies available for licensing, visit our database or contact our licensing specialists. We look forward to working with you regarding licensing agreements and other considerations.
Additional Ways We Can Help
Our staff is eager to help industrial partners find the right technology through personal attention to your specific business needs. We can help with the following:
- assisting in the identification of technologies that meet your business needs
- managing the licensing process, including providing additional information about inventions, liaising with faculty researchers, and negotiating reasonable licensing terms
- connecting you with faculty members in your area of technology
- facilitating on-campus visits to faculty members and research laboratories
- working with our colleagues in the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA) to facilitate sponsored research contracts and collaboration agreements
- connecting you with Princeton start-up and spin-off companies
- advising on compliance with legal requirements regarding federally sponsored research
Learn more about our University and Region:
Success Stories: Many University-developed technologies have made the transition from brilliant idea to business innovation.
Start-up Companies: Many successful businesses are formed with Princeton University intellectual property
Princeton University Research Centers: Over 60 research centers and institutes serve as sources of new technologies and ideas.
Regional Tech-transfer Resources: The region offers many resources to help industry partners find the right technologies and people.