Memorials: September 10, 1997

Sidney New Jr. '26
Sidney New died of a heart problem at his residence on the Upper East Side, in NYC, Mar. 27, 1997. He had the unique distinction of having lived in that part of the city his entire life and at one location since 1963.
He came to Princeton from Montclair Academy, and during his lifetime was an active supporter of Princeton, although he left college in 1924 to enter the real estate business. For many years prior to his death, Sid was associated with Osborne, Kemper & Thomas, marketers of advertising products.
During his last years Sid suffered from macular degeneration, which made him blind. He had never married, but was cared for by members of his family, who were devoted to their Uncle Sid. They read to him and report that his favorite periodical was PAW, and that the best part of PAW was the '26 class notes. Princeton meant a great deal to Sid, and memories of the Class of '26 helped him in his blindness.
Sid is survived by two nieces, one nephew, six great-nieces, five great-nephews, and one great-great-nephew, to all of whom we extend our profound sympathy.
The Class of 1926

Courtland Hastings '29
Court died Jan. 2, 1997. He prepared for college at Passaic [N.J.] HS. At Princeton his roommates were Bretaigne Windust, John P. Thatcher '28, and Bud Macdonald.
Right after graduation he went into the rubber business, and stayed with it until he retired, at the end with Hewitt Robbins Co., a subsidiary of Litton Industries. During WWII he worked with the Army and the Navy, especially in connection with self sealing fuel tanks. His greatest personal interest was United World Federalists, and he held various offices in the national organization. He was well known as a public lecturer and radio speaker, and became famous as an all night panelist on a popular radio show, dealing with world government as well as UFOs and ESP.
He married Penelope Bergland in 1937, and she survives him, as well as their daughter, Penelope Belviso, to whom the class extends its sincere sympathy.
The Class of 1929

Horton O'Neil '30
Horton O'Neil died Apr. 9, 1997, in Greenwich, Conn. Before entering Princeton he spent two years excavating Roman and Carthaginian ruins at Tunis in North Africa. After graduation he studied architecture for a year at Yale, and then worked as a statistician for Clark Dodge and a set designer with Jo Mielziner.
Between 1938 and 1940, he created a 500-seat marble outdoor theater in the woods owned by his father in Cos Cob, Conn. In 1940, he married Madelyn Hyde Phillips, an actress and modern dancer, who was active as a teacher in Greenwich.
During WWII, he worked in Maine, teaching farmers and carpenters how to build Liberty ships. In 1944 he returned to Cos Cob and began a career in architecture. His designs included houses for Henry Fonda and Margaret Sullivan.
In addition to his wife of 56 "wonderful" years, he is survived by his children, Joellen and David, and four grandchildren. To them, the class extends its deepest sympathy.
The Class of 1930

Matt Taylor '30
Matt Taylor, of Waynesville, N.C., died May 2, 1997. He was 88.
A native of Kenosha, Wis., he prepared at the Taft School and was a member of Tower Club. In 1931 he studied at Yen Ching U. in Peking. He graduated from Harvard Law in 1934, and was a member of the law firm of Taylor, Phillips and Taylor in Kenosha until 1949. He practiced tax and estate law in Milwaukee from 1949-64.
His military service included a stint in the artillery and military government from 1941-46. He was also director of courts and prisons in South Korea.
An active reservist and enthusiastic golfer, he spent considerable time in Delray Beach, Fla. While in Milwaukee he became the president of the Princeton Club of Wisconsin. He was preceded in death by his wife of 57 years, Betty A. Nelson Taylor.
Surviving are one son, George W.; one daughter, Richey T. Simmons; four grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren. To all his family the class extends its deepest sympathy.
The Class of 1930

William F. Lipp '32
Bill Lipp died May 14, 1996, in the Episcopal Church Home in Buffalo, N.Y.
Upon obtaining his medical degree at the U. of Buffalo, Bill practiced gastroenterology at Buffalo General Hospital and had a private practice until he retired in June 1982. He served on the faculty of the UB Medical School, becoming clinical professor of medicine in 1972, and retiring in 1985. He chaired the Medical School's admissions committee and post graduate department, helped establish the first hospital utilization review committee in western New York, and was its first chairman. He was elected president of the medical staff at Buffalo General Hospital for two terms, and served as a consulting physician there from 1975-83. He coauthored 33 medical and scientific papers for professional journals, and collaborated on chapters for various medical encyclopedias.
Also active in community affairs, Bill was a trustee of Nichols School for 15 years and Buffalo Seminary for three years, and a longtime member of Westminster Presbyterian Church.
Bill was the widower of Anne R. Wheeler, who died in 1976, and Geraldine Kenny, who died in 1986. He is survived by four daughters, Louisa Nunan, Evelyn Harman, Anne Frank, and Amy Bellino, 10 grandchildren, and five great grandchildren. With them the class is proud to have shared in Bill's useful and productive life.
The Class of 1932

James G. Shennan '32
The class lost an outstanding member when Jim Shennan died May 24, 1997, at the Presbyterian Home in Evanston, Ill.
Jim was an esteemed leader all his active life. At Princeton he was captain of the crew, president of the inter-club committee, a member of the student council, and valedictorian. Upon graduation he joined the Elgin National Watch Co., where he rose through the ranks from foreman to v.p. and plant superintendent. During WWII he helped the company convert to production of military watches as well as jewel bearings for many precision instruments. He was awarded the Legion d'Honneur from the French government for his involvement in the development of the first electronic watch. He was named president of the company in 1948, leaving in 1962 to form a welding supply business in Aurora, Ill. He was president and longtime board member of the National Association of Manufacturers. He also served as village president of Wayne, Ill., his hometown, and was active in civic affairs there for more than 50 years.
The class offers its heartfelt condolences to Jim's sons, James Jr. and Jerome, his daughters, Melissa and Elizabeth Loring, and seven grandchildren.
The Class of 1932

Edgar George Brisach '35
Ed died from a rare brain disorder on May 5, 1997, at Crestwood Manor, a retirement community in Whiting, N.J., where he had lived for several years.
Born in NYC, Ed came to Princeton from Mercersburg Academy, roomed with Vic Henkel and Jim Robertson, and majored in English. Ed studied law at Columbia and became an attorney in private practice, principally in trusts and estates. He was the organizer and charter president of the Protestant Lawyers' Association of Nassau County.
During WWII, Ed was chief of the legal branch of the army engineers in Albuquerque, returning to private life in 1946 with the rank of major. As a suburbanite living in Garden City, he belonged to Rotary, worked with the Salvation Army, and was an elder in the local Presbyterian church. He still had time for his hobbies of golf and woodworking.
His first wife, Janet, whom he married in 1942, died in 1965, leaving a daughter, Susan, and a son, James. In 1966 Ed married Virginia Vandewater, who brought two children, Susan (II) and David, to the household. At the time Ed died, there were eight grandchildren and four great-grands. Ed was a loyal supporter of Princeton, and we send our most sincere sympathy to Gena and the family.
The Class of 1935

Robert Mather Halliday '35
Bob died of cancer on Aug. 25, 1996. He was 85 and a lifetime resident of Stamford, Conn. His early education was at Andover. He roomed at Princeton for three years with Keith Wiley, another Stamford native, and majored in modern languages.
After graduation, Bob traveled extensively, working for a time with Clark Equipment Co. (automotive parts) in Michigan and New York. However, he chose to pursue his real interest of local history and was active for over 45 years with the Stamford Historical Society. He served as the society's registrar, president, recording secretary, and treasurer.
A columnist for the local newspaper spoke of Bob's life in these words: ''The historical records of Stamford were his passion, and they are preserved for the future because of that passion. His was a labor of love, one of the many performed by volunteers for Stamford's non profit organizations." Bob left a substantial bequest to Princeton in his will. The class mourns his passing and will remember Bob's devotion to local history.
The Class of 1935

Equen Burleson Meader '35
Yank died May 18, 1997, in Honeoye Falls, N.Y., where he had lived for many years. His early education was at Peekskill Military Academy, from which he graduated first in his class. He did not enter Princeton until junior year, transferring from the U.S. Naval Academy. At Princeton he majored in history with honors, belonged to Terrace Club, and roomed senior year with Ted Kelly.
After graduation, Yank worked for six years in real estate with Pease and Elliman. His war service was with the Navy in England and North Africa, and with amphibs in the Pacific. He returned to civilian life with the rank of lieutenant commander.
In partnership with Harper Sibley '49, Yank developed a very successful business in mortgage banking, with an office headquartered in Rochester. He retired as chairman of the board.
In 1946, he married Madeira "Dede" Schwartz, who had served in the Waves after graduating from Vassar. Yank and Dede had three children: Georgiana, who died last year, Louis, and Jane. Four grandchildren also survive. The family's interests included extensive travel, gun collecting, and church work. We extend our deepest sympathy to the them.
The Class of 1935

Howard Walter Johnson '36
Howard died Mar. 17, 1997, at the Stamford [Conn.] Hospital. He was 82. A graduate of Worcester Academy, he majored in economics at Princeton, and was a member of Dial Lodge. After graduation one of his first accomplishments was to climb Switzerland's Matterhorn.
Howard had a splendid WWII record as a commander of a B-24 for the 8th Air Force and the Military Air Command. He flew 33 combat missions over Europe, and was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters. He retired in the rank of colonel, USAF Reserve.
Howard served American Airlines for 38 years in various management positions, retiring in 1979.
He was active in community affairs, serving as commander of the Stamford Power Squadron and the Stamford Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla, president of the Stamford Kiwanis club, lieutenant governor for all Fairfield County Kiwanis clubs, and a past chairman of the Stamford Yacht Club's race committee.
He is survived by his wife, Gretta S., daughter Lynn Rowley, stepdaughter Judith Parker, son Richard S., stepson John Mellecker, and four step-grandchildren. We of the class offer sympathy to his family.
The Class of 1936

Richard Byron Perry Jr. '36
Dick died Apr. 26, 1997. He was 83. Mike Curto and Marylou were among those who attended the funeral. A graduate of the Kiski school, Dick majored in politics at Princeton and was a member of Cannon Club. He lettered in varsity football and baseball.
Dick spent 42 years with Diamond Shamrock Co., during 40 of which he was regional sales manager for the Southeast. He lived in Memphis, Tenn., and Marietta, Ga., retiring in 1978. He then worked for eight years as a consultant for Burris Chemical Co., where he trained young personnel.
Dick had an illustrious WWII record in the Navy. He served three years, mostly on the destroyer escort USS Eugene E. Elmore, which operated in both the Atlantic and Pacific theaters. In one engagement, as the ship's attack officer, he was commended by the commander-in-chief of the Atlantic fleet for successfully locating, pursuing, and destroying an enemy submarine. He retired with the rank of lieutenant.
Dick is survived by his wife, Martha C., daughters Mrs. Richard Betherick and Joanne Jorgensen, stepdaughter Mrs. David Talbot, stepson Glenn C. Carpenter, and seven grandchildren. Dick will be remembered as one of our most popular and loyal Princetonians. He brought much joy to so many of us.
The Class of 1936

Henry Butcher Roberts '36
Hank died Feb. 28, 1997. He was 82. He prepared at St. Paul's School. At Princeton he majored in English and was a member of Ivy Club.
During WWII he served three years in the Navy, almost all of which were on the aircraft carrier USS Chenango in the South Pacific theater. He was awarded four battle stars in the island campaigns, and rose in rank to lieutenant.
His professional career was devoted entirely to book publishing. Before and after the war, he was a v.p. of Charles Scribner's Sons in NYC. He next moved as v.p. to the Kingsport Press in Tennessee. Later he was president of the Plimpton Press of Norwood, Mass. In 1968 he founded and was president of the Independent School Press in Wellesley Hills, Mass., from which he retired in 1987, when the company was sold.
His hobbies included tennis and sailing. He served four years on the advisory committee for the town of Sherborn, Mass.
Hank is survived by his wife of 60 years, the former Paton Rauch, son Henry B. Jr., daughter Polly, brother Laurance P., and eight grandchildren. His eldest son, Brinton P., died in 1989. Hank will be remembered by his many classmates.
The Class of 1936

John Stuart Jr. '36
Jack died Apr. 25, 1997. He was 85. He was the son of John Stuart '00, a former Princeton trustee. Some eight years ago, he moved from Arizona to Bradenton, Fla.
Jack graduated from the Asheville School. At Princeton he majored in philosophy and was a member of Cottage Club. He worked for the Quaker Oats Co. in Europe and Canada. During his 20-plus years in Canada, he raised prize white-faced Hereford cattle on Old Orchard Farm outside Peterborough, Ont.
Jack was an excellent golfer, and an interest in deep-sea fishing led him to Mexico, the Bahamas, South America and Alaska. He was a member of the Sarasota Yacht Club and the Conquistador Country Club.
Jack is survived by his wife, Wihla L., his children Stephanie, Joan and John III, sisters Joan Richardson and Ellen Poole, and five grandchildren.
We of '36 extend our sympathy to his family. We have lost a good friend.
The Class of 1936

Joseph A. Broderick '37
Eminent lawyer, Dominican priest, professor, and pro bono counselor Joe Broderick died May 19, 1997, at his home in Fearrington Village, N.C. His wife, Katharine "Tappy," survives.
Having prepared at All Hallows School, Joe majored in history at Princeton, winning the Junior Oratorical Medal and graduating magna cum laude. He was managing editor of the Daily Princetonian, secretary of Whig Hall, chairman of the Princeton-Harvard-Yale Public Affairs Conference, and a member of Tower.
After Princeton, Joe studied at Oxford. He then went to Harvard Law, graduating in 1941. During WWII, he skippered Navy PTs in New Guinea and LSTs in the Okinawa invasion, and came out a lieutenant commander. In 1946 he joined NYC law firm Sullivan & Cromwell, where under the direction of Allen Dulles, he represented the Netherlands in a lawsuit over bonds looted by the Nazis from Jewish citizens. At 33 he became a partner.
In 1952 Joe left Sullivan & Cromwell to study for the Dominican priesthood. Ordained in 1959, he served until 1980. During that time he taught at law schools and earned doctorates from Harvard and Oxford.
Joe was a founder of Las Casas, a Dominican ministry providing legal counsel to Cheyenne and Arapaho Indians in Oklahoma. He also provided and organized pro bono counsel for people seeking asylum from Central America, South America, and Haiti.
The Class of 1937

Francis Jacobs '37
Having just attended our 60th reunion in a wheelchair, accompanied by dear friend Natalie Keenan, eminent gymnast and pediatrician Fran "Jake" Jacobs died June 2, 1997, of cardiac arrest. He left sons Francis II and Peter, daughters Jane and Josephine Heyneker, and nine grandchildren. His wife, Ginny, died in 1993. In 1978, Fran said he didn't feel a day older than in 1933, and couldn't retire. He then weighed 178, never drank, did smoke cigarettes, didn't watch TV regularly, and maintained a four-story, historic (1886) home and its grounds.
He prepared at the Hill School. At Princeton he majored in biology, earning second group honors. He captained the freshman and varsity gym teams, received the all-around gymnastic championship in 1936, and was a member of the Glee Club and Quadrangle Club.
Fran earned his medical degree at the U. of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He was later cochief of pediatrics service at Chester County Hospital, chief of staff in 1965-66, and consultant in pediatrics at Memorial Hospital of Philadelphia. For over 40 years, he was school physician at Westtown School.
During WWII, he was a captain in the medical corps at Thayer General Hospital in Nashville, and chief of contagious diseases at Oliver General Hospital in Augusta, Ga. He was a member of or consultant to several prominent local medical boards.
The Class of 1937

Hugh Lennox Bond Bergland '41
Hugh Bergland died Mar. 8, 1997, at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H. Elizabeth Howard Bergland, his wife of 53 years, lives in West Windsor, Vt. Born in Wilmington, Del., Hugh prepped at Middlesex Academy, earned a degree in psychology, was a Quad member, and did not lack for roommates: senior year they were Buddington, Ewing, Jacobs, Moses, Phillips, Thacher, and Tipson.
During WWII he served in the Army as a hospital administrator. In 1944 Hugh married Betty in Shreveport, La., and moved to Weldon, Ill., where they owned and operated a 1,000 acre farm, ably helped by their five children during summer vacations. The Berglands retired in 1981 to West Windsor, where they were active in community affairs, Hugh serving on the Mt. Ascutney Hospital board and the parish council of St. Francis of Assisi church. In addition to Betty, Hugh leaves sons Bond, John H., William M., daughters Brita and Martha, seven grandchildren, and one great-grandson.
We mourn the passing of an outstanding gentleman and genuine dirt farmer.
The Class of 1941

Bradford McElderry Jacobs '42
Brad died Apr. 5, 1997, of complications from lung surgery at John Hopkins Hospital. He retired in 1979 after a distinguished 44-year career in journalism with the Baltimore Evening Sun.
Brad came to Princeton from Gilman, majored in English, and was a member of Cap and Gown. After four years as an Army Intelligence officer in the European theater during WWII, he returned to Baltimore to join the Sun. He rose rapidly through the ranks, covering 15 presidential conventions, serving as London bureau chief, and becoming the youngest political correspondent in the paper's history. In 1968 he became editorial page editor. In 1978 he was credited with helping catapult Harry R. Hughes from obscurity to the Maryland governorship. The lasting impact of Hughes's election was that it "smashed, apparently forever, the antique Democratic machine buyer of votes and coddler of bosses, briber of the frail and patron of the strong which had run all weather in Maryland since the civil war," Brad wrote in the Evening Sun's last edition, in September 1995. Brad "had an encyclopedic knowledge of Maryland politics, and a very lively and sparkling writing style that made politics come alive." After retirement he continued to write. Thimbleriggers: The Law vs. Governor Marvin Mandel was published in 1984, and he was coeditor of H.L. Mencken's 35 Years of Newspaper Work, published in 1994.
To his wife, Molly, to his daughters Brucie, Sally, and Anne, and to his two grandsons, the class extends its warmest sympathies.
The Class of 1942

William Denison Bickham Jr. '45
Bill Bickham died Sept. 5, 1996, of a heart attack in Calgary, Alberta.
Bill entered Princeton from Hackley, following grandfather D.D. Bickham 1886, and father W.D. Bickham '13. Bill was one of that stalwart few who stole the clapper from Nassau Hall, and he joined Cloister Inn before leaving for service as a staff sergeant aerial photographer with the 66th Army Engineers.
Bill married June Avery Nichols in 1946, and took his degree in geology in 1947, cum laude. He then spent four years exploring new oil sources for Creole Petroleum Corporation in Venezuela before moving to Calgary and establishing his own drilling company and consulting firm. Bill and Nickie had three children before divorcing in 1959. Bill then married Adele Beaulieu, who had four children from her previous marriage; Bill adopted them and had two daughters with Adele before their 1970 divorce. In 1978 Bill married Theresa PhelpsHelbak, who survives him; Bill and Theresa had no children. In 1981 they moved to Denver, where Bill established Energex, Inc., in the field of oil and gas exploration. He retired in 1991.
Bill is survived, in addition to Theresa, by children Robin Schoggen, William D. III, and Pamela Buddymeyer from his first marriage; by Leslie Shier and Cynthia Huber from his second marriage; and by seven stepchildren and eight grandchildren. Bill also leaves his younger brother, Dr. Robert S. Bickham '51, and by Mrs. W.D. Bickham, his stepmother.
The Class of 1945

William Armstrong Pogue '48
Bill Pogue died Dec. 26, 1996, after an extended battle with pneumonia.
Bill was raised in Cincinnati, where his family had founded H & S Pogue Co., the department store. He joined us from St. Paul's, and graduated in 1949 with a degree in psychology. He was active in crew, the photography services, the outing club, and was a member of Tower. He was in the Navy during WWII.
After a couple of years in advertising, Bill went off to Harvard for an MBA and a stint with Champion International in marketing various paper products. In 1963 he returned to real estate, where he was active in real estate development and property sales and leasing. He was married for nearly three decades but had no children.
Bill was busy with civic affairs, including the Cincinnati Museum of Art; his special interest was the Volunteers of America. He was an avid tennis player and golfer as well as a gardener and a collector of exquisite furnishings.
Bill had a wonderful gift for friendship and as his childhood friend and Princeton classmate, Otto Geier, expressed it: "His wit, charm and unfailing good will brighten the lives of all who knew him."
The Class of 1948

Francis deMariel Keen '49
Frank died of a heart attack Dec. 23, 1996. At the time of his death, he was managing director of Schuylkill Capital Management, Ltd., in Philadelphia, and provided investment advice to high-worth organizations and individuals.
He prepared for college at Episcopal Academy. At Princeton, Frank majored in history, and was on the staff of the Daily Princetonian, a member of Whig Clio, president of the bridge club, and a member of Cloister Inn. He was with the Army in Tokyo from 1946-47. Following graduation from the U. of Pennsylvania School of Law, he chose a business career, and over the years served Brown Instrument Co., Catalytic Corp., the trust department of Fidelity-Philadelphia Trust, and Drexel & Co.. Frank was portfolio manager at Delphi Management and v.p. at Pierson Capital Management before joining Schuylkill in 1993.
Frank always was active in racquet sports. He held the rank of senior master in duplicate bridge, collected 19th century mint stamp classics, and belonged to bridge and philatelic associations. He succeeded his father as president/trustee of the Garrett Williamson Foundation, and belonged to the Union League Club of Philadelphia, the Merion Cricket Club, and the Rittenhouse Art Guild.
He is survived by Nina Weitzman, his companion of many years; his beloved children, Suzanne Keen Abercrombie, Kristen Keen Olson and Edwin Scott; and two grandsons. To each of them, our class extends its deepest sympathies at the loss of an extremely bright man whom we regarded very highly.
The Class of 1949

Ira Calkins Pierson '51
Ira died of a heart attack Apr. 11, 1997, at his home in Lakewood, Ohio.
He was previously an attorney and alderman in nearby Quincy, Ill. His involvements in local civic affairs included representing Quincy's sixth ward on the city council, serving on the Quincy Waterworks Commission, and acting as a director of the Quincy Public Library and the State Street Bank.
Ira was also a Rotarian and on the boards of the Blessing Hospital, the Quincy Area Chamber of Commerce, the American Cancer Society, the YMCA, the Quincy Symphony Orchestra, the Quincy Music Association, and the Quincy Little Theatre.
Ira prepped at Woodberry Forest School. At Princeton he was a psychology major. He was business manager of Theatre Intime and a member of Dial Lodge. After an LLD from Harvard Law School, he served in the Army from 1954 56.
Ira is survived by his brother, Ridgely, and three cousins. The class salutes a stalwart citizen of his community and mourns his passing.
The Class of 1951

Harry J. Schoettle '51
Harry died in Ft. Lauderdale June 23, 1996. He and Jackie lived there, but their roots were embedded in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains.
Harry served four years in the Navy after Princeton, including six months in Korea. He then was an instructor at Annapolis for two years, leaving the Naval Reserves as a lieutenant commander in 1975.
In partnership with the late Logan Steele, Harry was in land development in the Poconos from 1971 87, planning such resorts as Lake Naomi and Timber Trails. Harry bought the Pocono Sheraton Inn in 1987 and oversaw its operation until it was sold in 1993.
The Schoettles were active in Junior Girl Scouts and the Clymer Library. Harry was on the Tobyhanna Township planning board for 15 years, the last seven as chairman.
Harry majored in mechanical engineering at Princeton, was a member of the Catholic Club, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Navy ROTC and Dial Lodge. He roomed with Tom Lewis and Logan Steele.
In addition to his wife, Jackie, Harry is survived by son Michael, daughter Lisa Farmer, and two granddaughters. The class sends all of them its deep sympathy.
The Class of 1951

Charles Richard Moore '56
Dick Moore of Portola Valley, Calif., died Apr. 14, 1997, at home, in the arms of his wife, Sebrianne. The cause of death was a brain tumor, against which Dick fought for eight months.
Dick came to Princeton from East HS in Denver, and majored in geological engineering. He was a member of Cap and Gown Club, played tackle on the varsity football team, and also received his letter in track. After graduation, Dick served in the Army for two years. Broadening his horizons, he received an MS in electrical engineering from UC–Berkeley in 1961.
Dick was with Hewlett Packard for 23 years, ultimately serving as general manager of the engineering productivity division. During the rest of his career, Dick held numerous executive positions in the electronics and computer industry in the Silicon Valley area. At the time of his death, he was senior adviser to The Enterprise Network and a member of the board of directors of Digital Link Corporation, both in Sunnyvale.
Dick was a big man--in every way. He loved and was loved by many persons. As Sebrianne wrote, Dick had size 12 shoes and a size 12 heart. He is survived by Sebrianne, whom he married in 1988; his daughter, Carole, and son, James, both from his first marriage; and a sister, Marilyn von Ehrenkrook. The class extends its deep sympathy to each of them.
The Class of 1956