IRG B Publications
Primary MRSEC support
1. M. S. Brown, N. T. Kattamis and C. B. Arnold, “Time-resolved dynamics of laser induced microjets from thin liquid films”, Micro and Nanofluidic. 11, 199-207 (2011).
2. N. T. Kattamis, N. D. McDaniel, S. Bernhard and C. B. Arnold, “Ambient laser direct-write printing of a patterned organometallic electroluminescent device”, Organic Electronics 12, 1152-1158 (2011).
3. H. Wang, E.D. Gomez, J.B. Kim, Z. Guan, C. Jaye, D. A. Fischer, A. Kahn and Y.-L. Loo, “ Device Characteristics of Bulk-Heterojunction Polymer Solar Cells are Independent of Interfacial Segregation of Active Layers” , Chem. Mat. 23, 2020 (2011).
4. J.B. Kim, Z. Guan, A.L. Shu, A. Kahn and Y.-L. Loo, “Annealing Sequence Dependent Open-Circuit Voltage of Inverted Polymer Solar Cells Attributable to Interfacial Chemical Reaction between Top Electrodes and Photoactive Layers”, Langmuir 27, 11265 (2011.)
5. J.B. Kim, Z. Guan, S. Lee, E. Pavlopoulou, M. F. Toney, A. Kahn and Y.-L. Loo, “ Modular Construction of P3HT/PCBM Planar-Heterojunction Solar Cells by Lamination allows Elucidation of Processing Structure-Function Relationships”, Org. Electr. 12, 1163 (2011).
6. Z. Guan, J.B. Kim, Y.-L. Loo and A. Kahn, “Electronic structure of the poly(3-hexylthiophene):indene-C60 bisadduct bulk heterojunction”, J. Appl. Phys. 110, 043719 (2011).
7. S. Avasthi, S.S. Lee, Y.-L. Loo, and J.C. Sturm, “Role of Majority and Minority Carrier Barriers Silicon/Organic Hybrid Heterojunction Solar Cells”, Advanced Materials 23, 5762 (2011)
S. Avashti, Y. Qi, G.K. Vertelov, J. Schwartz, A. Kahn and J.C. Sturm, “Electronic structure and band alignment of 9,10-phenanthrenequinone passivated silicon surfaces”, Surf. Sci. 605 , 1308 (2011).
9. B.J. Topham, M. Kumar and Z.G. Soos, “Profiles of work function shifts and collective charge transfer in submonolayer metal-organic films”, Adv. Funct. Mat. 21, 1931 (2011).
10. B.J. Topham and Z.G. Soos, “Ionization in organic thin films: Electrostatic potential, electronic polarization and dopants in pentacene films”, Phys. Rev. B 84, 165405 (2011).
Partial MRSEC support
11. N. T. Kattamis, M. S. Brown, and C.B. Arnold, “Finite element analysis of blister formation in laser-induced forward transfer”, Journal of Materials Research 26, 2438-2449 (2011).
12. B.F. DiSalle and S. Bernhard, “ Orchestrated Photocatalytic Water Reduction Using Surface-Adsorbing Iridium Photosensitizers”, Journal of the American Chemical Society 133, 11819-11821 ( 2011 ).
13. J. Meyer and A. Kahn, “Electronic Structure of Molybdenum-Oxide Films and Associated Charge Injection Mechanisms in Organic Devices”, J. Photon. Energy 1, 011109-1 (2011).
14. J. Meyer, K. Zilberberg, T. Riedl and A. Kahn, “ Electronic structure of Vanadium pentoxide: An efficient hole injector for organic electronic materials” , J. Appl. Phys. 110, 033710 (2011).
15. Y. Qi, O. Yaffe, E. Tirosh, A. Vilan, D. Cahen and A. Kahn, “Filled and empty states of alkanethiol monolayer on Au (111): Fermi level asymmetry and implications for electron transport”, Chem. Phys. Lett. 511, 344 (2011).
16. K. Kuribara, H. Wang, N. Uchiyama, K. Fukuda, T. Yokota, U. Zschieschang, C. Jaye, D.A. Fischer, H. Klauk, T. Yamamoto, K. Takimiya, M. Ikeda, H. Kuwabara, T. Sekitani, Y.-L. Loo, T. Someya, “Organic Transistors with High Thermal Stability for Medical Applications”, Nature Communications 3, article 723 (2012).
17. J.B. Kim, P. Kim, N.C. Pegard, S.J. Oh, C.R. Kagan, J.W. Fleischer, H.A. Stone, Y.-L. Loo, “Wrinkles and Folds as Photonic Structures in Polymer Photovoltaics”, Nature Photonics 6, 327-332 (2012).
18. O. Akogwu, W. Akande, T. Tong and W. Soboyejo, “Dendrite Growth in Annealed polymer Blends”, J. Appl. Phys. 110, 103517 (2011).
19. N. Jafferis and J.C. Sturm, "Formation and Post-Deposition Compression of Smooth and Processable Silicon Thin Films from Nanoparticle Suspensions”, J. Appl. Phys. 111, 064316 (2012).
Publications resulting from used shared facililities
20. C. Peabody and C. B. Arnold, “The role of mechanically induced creep in lithium-ion battery capacity fade”, J. Power Sources 196, 8147-8153 (2011).
21. Y.-C Tsai, R. Fardel, and C. B. Arnold, “Nanopatterning on rough surfaces using optically trapped micro-spheres”, Appl. Phys. Lett 98, 23310 (2011).
22. A. Atre and C. B. Arnold, “Texturing of LiCoO2 Through Laser Induced Forward Transfer for Printed Microbatteries”, in Laser-based micro- and nanopackaging and assembly, ed. W. Pfleging, Y. Lu, and K. Washio, International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE) 7921, 792122 (2011).
23. J. Kawasaki* and C. B. Arnold, "Synthesis of platinum dendrites and nanowires via directed electrochemical nanowire assembly," NanoLett. 11, 781-785 (2011).
Primary MRSEC support
1. M. S. Brown, N. T. Kattamis, and C. B. Arnold, "Time resolved study of polyimide absorption layers for blister actuated laser induced forward transfer", J. Appl. Phys. 107, 83103 (2010).
2. D. Jenkins and S. Bernhard, “Synthesis and Characterization of Luminescent Bis-Cyclometalated Platinum(IV) Complexes”, Inorg. Chem. 49, 11297 (2010).
3. Z. Guan, J. Kim, Y.-L. Loo and A. Kahn, “Energy level alignment of organic-organic bulk heterojunction: the case of the poly(3-hexylthiophene): phenyl-[6,6]-C61 butyric acid methyl ester blend”, Org. Elect. 11, 1779 (2010).
4. H. Wang, E.D. Gomez, J.B. Kim, Z. Guan, C. Jaye, D.A. Fischer, A. Kahn, and Y.-L. Loo “Device Characteristics of Bulk-Heterojunction Polymer Solar Cells are Independent of Interfacial Segregation of Active Layers”, Chemistry of Materials, 23, 2020, (2011).
5. E.D. Gomez, K.P. Barteau, H. Wang, M.F. Toney, and Y.-L. Loo “Correlating the Scattered Intensities of P3HT and PCBM to the Current Densities of Polymer Solar Cells” Chemical Communications, 47, 436, (2011).
6. X. Zhu and A. Kahn, “Electronic Structure and Dynamics at Organic Donor/Acceptor Interfaces”, MRS Bulletin 35, 443 (2010).
7. W.O. Akande, O. Akogwu, T, Tong and W.O. Soboyejo, “Thermally Induced Instabilities in Polymer Light Emitting Diodes”, J. App. Phys. 108, 023510 (2010).
8. W. Akande, Y. Cao, N. Yao and W.O. Soboyejo, “Investigation of the Cold Welding of Au/Au and Au/Ag Films: Experiments and Models”, J. Appl. Phys. 107, 1 (2010).
9. B.J. Topham, M. Kumar and Z.G. Soos. “Ionization potentials of crystalline organic thin films: Position dependence due to charge anisotropy and redistribution”, Chem. Phys. Lett. 493, 251 (2010).
10. S. Avasthi, Y. Qi, G. Vertelov, J. Schwartz, A. Kahn and J.C. Sturm, “Silicon Surface Passivation by an Organic Overlayer of 9,10-Phenanthrenequinone”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 96, 222109 (2010).
11. Z.G. Soos, M. Kumar, S. Ramasesha and R.A. Pascal, Jr. “1:1 alkali-TCNQ salts and the bond order (BOW) phase of half-filled Hubbard-type models”, Physica B 405, S353 (2010).
12. Z.G. Soos and B.J. Topham, “Surface dipole of F4TCNQ films: Collective charge transfer and dipole-dipole repulsion in submonolayers”, Org. Elect. 12, 39 (2011).
Partial MRSEC support
13. J.B. Kim, S. Lee, M.F. Toney, Z. Chen, A. Facchetti, Y.S. Kim, Y.-L. Loo, “Reversible Soft-Contact Lamination and Delamination for Non-Invasive Fabrication and Characterization of Bulk-Heterojunction and Bilayer Organic Solar Cells”, Chem. Mater. 22, 4931 (2010).
14. J.B. Kim, K. Allen, S.J. Oh, S. Lee, M.F. Toney, Y.S. Kim, C.R. Kagan, C. Nuckolls, Y.-L. Loo, “Small-Molecule Thiophene-C60 Dyads As Compatibilizers in Inverted Polymer Solar Cells”, Chem. Mater. 22, 5762 (2010)
15. J. Meyer, R. Khalandovsky, P. Görrn and A. Kahn, “MoO3 Films Spin-coated from Nanoparticle Suspension for Efficient Hole-Injection in Organic Electronics”, Adv. Mat. 23, 70, (2011).
16. K.C. Liao, A.G. Ismail, L. Kreplak, J. Schwartz, and I.G. Hill, “Designed Organophosphonate Self-Assembled Monolayers Enhance Device Performance of Pentacene-Based Organic Thin-Film Transistors”, Adv. Mater. 22, 3081 (2010).
17. J. Kawasaki, and C. B. Arnold, "Synthesis of platinum dendrites and nanowires via directed electrochemical nanowire assembly," NanoLett. 11, 781-785 DOI: 0.1021/nl1039956 (2011).
18. R. Fardel, Y. Tsai, and C. B. Arnold, “Self-positioning effects in optical trap assisted nanopatterning”, Proceedings of 2011 NSF Engineering Research and Innovation Conference, (non-referreed meeting paper) (2011).
19. T. D. Nguyen, J. M. Nagarah, Y. Qi, S. S. Nonnenmann, A. V. Morozov, S. Li, C. B. Arnold, M. C. McAlpine, “Wafer-scale nanopatterning and translation into high-performance piezoelectric nanowires”, Nanolett. 10, 4595-4599 (2010).
20. S. C. C. Bailey, G. J. Kunkel, M. Hultmark, M. Vallikivi, J. P. Hill, K. A. Meyer, C. Tsay, C. B. Arnold and A. J. Smits, "Turbulence measurements using a nanoscale thermal anemometry probe", J. Fluid Mech 663, 160-179 (2010).
21. Y. Tsai, R. Fardel, and C. B. Arnold, “Generating submicron features on rough surfaces using optical trap assisted nanopatterning”, AIP Proceedings 1278, 457-464 (2010).
22. R. Fardel, E. McLeod, Y. Tsai, and C. B. Arnold, “Nanoscale ablation through optically trapped microspheres” , Appl. Phys. A.101, 41-46 (2010).
Primary MRSEC support
1. C.S. Kim, S.S. Lee, L. Tinker, S. Bernhard, and Y.-L. Loo, “Cobaltocene-Doped Viologen as Functional Components in Organic Electronics”, Chem. Mat. 21, 4583, 2009.
2. J. Meyer, A. Shu. M. Kröger and A. Kahn, “Effect of contamination on the electronic structure and hole-injection properties of MoO3/organic semiconductor interfaces”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 96, 133308 (2010).
3. C.S. Kim, J.B. Kim, S.S. Lee, Y.S. Kim, Y.-L. Loo, “Sequence of Annealing Polymer Photoactive Layer Influences the Air Stability of Inverted Solar Cells”, Org. Electr. 10, 1483, (2009).
4. J.B. Kim, C.S. Kim, Y.S. Kim, Y.-L. Loo, “Oxidation of silver electrodes induces transition from conventional to inverted photovoltaic characteristics in polymer solar cells” Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, 183301 (2009).
5. T. Tong, O. Akogwu, J. Meng, M. Eleruja, S.Admassie, B. Babatope, T. Woodson, Z. Zong, N. Rahbar, C. Watola and W. O. Soboyejo, “Adhesion in Organic Electronic Structures”, J. Appl. Phys. 106, 083708, (2009).
6. M. Kumar, S. Ramasesha and Z.G. Soos “Bond-order wave phase, spin solitons and thermodynamics of a frustrated linear spin-1/2 Heisenberg antiferromagnet”, Phys. Rev. B 81, 054413, (2010).
7. M. Kumar, Z.G. Soos, D. Sen and S. Ramasesha, “Modified DMRG algorithm for the zigzag spin-1/2 chain with frustrated antiferromagnetic exchange: Comparison with field theory at large J2/J1”, Phys. Rev. B 81, 104406 (2010).
Partial MRSEC support
8. T.M. McQueen, D.M. Ho, C. Jimenez Cahua, R.J. Cava, R.A. Pascal, Jr., and Z.G. Soos, “Realization of the bond order wave (BOW) phase of extended Hubbard models in Rb TCNQ(II)”, Chem. Phys. Lett. 475, 44 (2009).
9. M. Kröger, S. Hamwi, J. Meyer, T. Riedl, W. Kowalsky, and A. Kahn, “On the role of deep-lying electronic states in MoO3 thin films for improved hole-injection into organic thin films”,Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, 123301 (2009).
10. M. Kröger, S. Hamwi, J. Meyer, T. Riedl, W. Kowalsky, and A. Kahn, “P-type doping of organic wide band gap materials by transition metal oxides: a case study on molybdenum trioxide”, Org. Elect. 10, 932 (2009).
11. N. Takeuchi, Y. Kanai, A. Selloni, “Surface Radical Chain Reaction Revisited: Comparative Investigation of Styrene and 2,4-Dimethyl-Styrene on Hydrogenated Si(001) Surface from Density Functional Theory Calculations”, J. Chem. Phys. C 114,3981 (2010).
12. W. Akande and W.O. Soboyejo, “Spiral Telephone Cord Failures in Organic Light Emitting Devices”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, 113304 (2009).
13. W. Akande, Y. Cao, N. Yao and W.O. Soboyejo, “Adhesion and Cold Welding of Au-Ag Films”, J. Appl. Phys. 107, 043519 (2009).
Primary MRSEC support
1. N. T. Kattamis, N. D. McDaniel, S. Bernhard, C. B. Arnold, “Laser direct write printing of sensitive and robust light emitting organic molecules” Applied Physics Letters 94, 103306 (2009).
2. C.S. Kim, L.L. Tinker, B.F. DiSalle, E.D. Gomez, S. Lee, S. Bernhard, Y.-L. Loo, “ Altering the thermodynamics of phase separation in inverted bulk-heterojunction organic solar cell ” Advanced Materials 21, 1-6 (2009).
3. J. Wang, A. Selloni, “First principles Study of Fatty Acid Monolayers on Au(111)”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C 113, 8895 (2009).
4. C.S. Kim, S. Lee, E.D. Gomez, J. Kim, Y.-L. Loo, “ Transient photovoltaic behavior of air-stable, inverted organic solar cells with solution-processed electron transport layer” Applied Physics Letters 94, 113302 (2009).
5. S. Avasthi, G. Vertelov, J. Schwartz, J. C. Sturm, “Reduction of minority carrier recombination at silicon surfaces and contacts using organic heterojunctions,” Technical Digest of IEEE: Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Philadelphia, PA, June, 2009.
Partial MRSEC support
6. J. Hwang, A. Wan, A. Kahn, “Energetics of Metal-Organic Interfaces: New Experiments and Assessment of the Field” Materials Science and Engineering R 64, 1, 2009.
7. C. K. Chan, W. Zhao, A. Kahn, I. G. Hill, “Influence of chemical doping on the performance of organic photovoltaic cells” Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 203306, 2009.
8. J. Tarver, J.E. Yoo, T. Dennes, J. Schwartz, Y.-L. Loo, “ Polymer Acid Doped Polyaniline is Electrochemically Stable Beyond pH 9 ” Chemistry of Materials 21, 280, 2009.