Proposal Submission Guides
PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS - DUE TO ORPA 5 DAYS BEFORE AGENCY DEADLINE!
To begin the process of submiting a proposal, a file is created in COEUS by the grants administrator and the below must be provided by the principal investigator:
REQUIRED ELEMENTS TO START A PROPOSAL SUBMISSION:
- Agency Name
- PI Name
- Start & End Date
- Funding Opportunity Number (if known)
- Due Date
- Amount of funding requested (if known)
- Passwords (if required) to login as PI to proposal submission portal (i.e. Fastlane, NSPIRES, Grants.gov)
- Completed Yes/No Questionnaire
- If NSF or NIH, signed Certification Form
While the funding agency has their own deadline, to allow the proper review and approvals of each and every proposal, ORPA must receive all documents via COEUS 5 days in advance of the agency due date.
Proposals for Physics are submitted through Courtney Kohut who handles all pre-award administration. email@example.com, 8-6742.
NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION
- Portal for NSF proposal submissions: Fastlane
- A signed PI Certification form is required for all NSF proposal submissions (as well as NIH). Your Grants Administrator will need you to sign this docucment which is generated from COEUS. A blank form may be found here.
- To prepare a NEW proposal, go to the Fastlane homepage, then click on Proposals, Awards and Status to login to your account. Then click on Proposal Functions, then Proposal Preparation, then Prepare Proposal. You will need to creat a BLANK PROPOSAL and complete the cover page to select the appropriate solicitation. In MOST cases, your grants administrator will take care of this for you. Please provide your NSF ID# and password for her to login to your account.
- Registration is required - you will need: 1. Last name, 2. NSF ID # (unique to each individual), 3. Password.
- If you do NOT have your Fastlane NSF ID# or password, you will need to request one in advance of your next proposal submission due date.
-Postdoctoral Fellowship Registration
-For regular registrations, you will need to contact Princeton's ORPA representative to obtain the necessary information. Chizuko (Chiz) Walter - firstname.lastname@example.org
NSF Proposal Guides - THESE ARE BEING REVISED!! PLEASE REFER TO YOUR GRANT PROPOSAL GUIDE FROM NSF FOR GUIDANCE!!
These guides are excerpts from the Grant Proposal Guide from Fastlane which provide direction for the different required elements on each NSF proposal.
A Data Management Plan is required for ALL proposals. A Mentoring Plan is only required if you are including funds for a post-doctoral researcher in your budget. A Facilities section is also now required. If you do not have anything to include, a sentence must still be provided indicating that there are no facilities or equipment.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION
The Simons Foundation Division for Mathematics and the Physical Sciences seeks to extend the frontiers of basic research. The Division's primary focus is on the theoretical sciences radiating from Mathematics: in particular, the fields of Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science and Theoretical Physics, though opportune projects in other areas are occasionally considered. In almost all cases, funding decisions are made through a peer-reviewed proposal process.
The Division does not accept proposals outside its established programs, though it is interested in suggestions for innovative general programs that could benefit fundamental research. In almost all cases grants are made in response to announced requests for proposals and funding decisions are made through a peer-reviewed proposal process. The foundation does not make awards to individuals, except through their institutions.
Applications for the Simons Foundation are put through proposalCENTRAL, their own submission portal. You must be a registered user to submit a proposal.
Once you login, you will create a NEW PROPOSAL and click through the steps of adding information about you and your proposal.
Once you login, please give access to the Grants Administrator, Courtney Kohut. You only need to link to her account by adding the user name ckohut. This will allow her to view all files and submit as necessary. You will do this from the bottom of the ORGANIZATION / INSTITUTION page - you will add the new user.