Credit Card Policy
All credit cardholders are required to reconcile all transactions that post to the department account through the 15th of every month.
A transaction is reconciled when the cardholder has the following information:
- Project Grant Number
- Name of Buyer
- Copy of invoice or receipt
- Purchase Description/Reason
- If this is an internet purchase, a printout of the transaction containing all pertinent details
- Dollar amount of transaction matches receipt or invoice
Note: Anyone using a credit card that is not their own must immediately:
- Notify the cardholder of the purchase as soon as the purchase is made
- Provide the invoice/receipt to the cardholder, along with the details as described above
In the event that this policy is not followed, the privilege to use a department credit card will be suspended.
Unauthorized Credit Card Transactions
- Personal Transactions
- Hazardous Materials
- Capital Equipment
- Computers and Laptops
- Non-Expendable, Tangible Items Valued Under $5,000
- Staff Relocation/Moving Expenses
- Motor Vehicle Violation Fines/Tickets (i.e., parking tickets)
For more information on Credit Card Procedures/Policies.