For those of you who enter requisitions for equipment. If you don't, you can ignore this note or read for your own information. We have recently worked out a new equipment OPAR procedure with our ORPA rep.
- Under Justification, the equipment OPAR should have the following information:
- If itemized in the proposal budget, indicate which item. (i.e., This laser is listed in year 2 under cryovac chamber in the proposal budget).
- If a component to a larger item listed in the budget, state what piece of larger equipment to which it is a component. (i.e., This T coupler is an essential component in the feed line for the 40 Mhz waveguide listed in the year 2 budget).
- If part of a general equipment budget, state how this piece of equipment specifically is a part of the proposed research effort (i.e., a portable computer is needed for dissemination of research findings at presentations around the region).
- If a rebudget is needed to purchase the equipment, state precisely from where other funds are to be provided and include information as in "c" above.
- Get the PI to sign the OPAR.
- Enter "justification" information as above on the requisition under "Header Comments." Send requisition forward.
- Give the original copy of the PI signed OPAR to the Budget & Grants office for their files.