Guidelines for Physics Department Staff Purchases
- Physics staff employed to work in areas that require wearing safety, steel-toed shoes and/or safety glasses are eligible for new equipment annually, once each fiscal year, after an approximate 12-month interval.
- Please select the product you wish to purchase and submit a requisition containing all of the buying details to Barbara Grunwerg.
- Shoes: Purchases are limited to a $100.00/annual shoe allowance.
- Eyewear: Purchases are limited to a $300.00/annual prescription eyewear purchase.
- Should the item you wish to purchase exceed these guidelines, you will reimburse the department for the difference in price.
- Employees are strongly discouraged from buying these items on their own and then seeking reimbursement. In the event you need a credit card to purchase prescription eyewear, please see Barbara Grunwerg. Reminder that we are a tax-exempt organization and sales tax paid will not be reimbursed.
- The Department will be tracking these expenditures.