Physics department maintains a Linux cluster called feynman, having 300 CPUs, 300 GB RAM and 60 TB disk storage. It runs Linux based on RedHat RHEL4 distributions. It has a PBS+MAUI based batch management system, primarily intended for research. A dedicated web server hosts personal and group sites exported from feynman cluster.
Some useful links:
- I can not ssh to feynman from home, how can I fix it?
- Mathematica does not find the correct fonts/prints unreadable characters. How to fix?
- I need to process lots of files. Sometime it is too slow or results in system crashes. What can I do?
- How to password protect a directory (and all files therein) on my website on Feynman?
- How to run IDL applications in batch mode on the cluster?
- How to run Matlab programs in batch mode on the cluster?
- How to get started with Grid tools on Feynman?
- Where are the NAG libraries and tools?
- I send out emails from my webpage, but any bounced emails do not come to me. Why?
- Example to run Matlab, Mathematica, C, C++, bash and root programs on PBS batch system(A simple hello world program demo for all)