Mathematica does not find the correct fonts/prints unreadable characters. How to fix?
1. To make sure Mathematica gets the correct fonts, start it as follows:
- make sure you have a local X-server running on your machine. Linux/Unix/Mac users already have this built-in.
- For Windows, use Cygwin provided X-server.
- log into feynman and run the command resetfp
- launch Mathematica
2. To ensure that Mathematica does not print unreadable characters in the notepad:
- make sure your NumLock key is off