Every device that needs to be connected to Princeton network must be registered in hostmaster db. Computers already registered on some other subnet (like dormnet) do not need to be re-registered. Students should request their laptop registration via their resident computing support. Visitors to the department need to forward their requests via their host faculty member. We need the following information in order to register your computer:
- Make/Model/OS version (eg. Dell Laptop/D630/WinVista)
- Hardware (MAC) address for wired NIC (eg. 00:C0:4F:91:A0:99)
- Hardware (MAC) address for Wireless, if any (see http://www.net.princeton.edu/enetAddress.howto.html )
- E-mail of the user (eg. NetID@Princeton.EDU)
- Your office location (eg. A17 Jadwin Hall)
- Delete-date (eg. 2009-12-31)
Based on the information you gave us, a request will be submitted to OIT Network group and the database is expected to be updated within an hour. If your OS is configured to obtain network parameters from a DHCP server, your computer should be immediately recognized when connected to any live ethernet port in the campus.
If the port you would like to use is not already activate we need have to submit a separate request to OIT which may take a day or two, so please send us the S/N marked on the ethernet wallbox well in advance.
For all the computing support requests, please open a ticket at our online help system (service restricted to Princeton network): http://physics.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/helpdesk/it/req?list-1