Program in Latin American Studies
The Program in Latin American Studies (PLAS) is one of the most dynamic units on campus, bringing together the humanities and social sciences. Our visiting fellows program brings top scholars to teach at Princeton (one of our last guests was Mario Vargas Llosa); we also have a very active lecture series featuring artists, writers, and scholars from Latin America. Visit our students page to learn more about certificate requirements and funding opportunities.
Upcoming PLAS Events
Click event title for more detail.
- Sep 7, 2013, 1:00 a.m.Princeton University Art Museum
News from the PLAS Blog
- In Mount Laurel, Massey finds affordable-housing model
- Alvaro Enrigue, 2012-13 PLAS fellow, awarded the Herralde Prize, the most prestigious recognition, for his most recent novel
- Video feature: The Teaching Museum
- Class snapshot: ‘Health and the Social Markers of Difference’
- Pedro Meira Monteiro Awarded Prize