Program in Latin American Studies
The Program in Latin American Studies (PLAS) is one of the most dynamic units on campus, bringing together the humanities and social sciences. Our visiting fellows program brings top scholars to teach at Princeton (one of our last guests was Mario Vargas Llosa); we also have a very active lecture series featuring artists, writers, and scholars from Latin America. Visit our students page to learn more about certificate requirements and funding opportunities.
Upcoming PLAS Events
Click event title for more detail.
- Currently there are no events
News from the PLAS Blog
- PLAS Concentrator Sofia Quinodoz ’13 — Studying the unseen activity in bacteria chatter and a nation’s bereavement
- Student Trip to Guatemala – December 2012
- Dale winner, Flora Thomson-DeVeaux ’13, to follow writer’s footsteps across the Americas
- Three students win Labouisse Prize for projects in Sierra Leone and Brazil
- News from Firestone Library