Program in Latin American Studies
The Program in Latin American Studies (PLAS) is one of the most dynamic units on campus, bringing together the humanities and social sciences. Our visiting fellows program brings top scholars to teach at Princeton (one of our last guests was Mario Vargas Llosa); we also have a very active lecture series featuring artists, writers, and scholars from Latin America. Visit our students page to learn more about certificate requirements and funding opportunities.
Upcoming PLAS Events
Click event title for more detail.
- Currently there are no events
News from the PLAS Blog
- Q&A: Brazil’s president was impeached. Now what?
- Senior thesis: Exploring the emergence of Cuban consumerism
- Price explores Cuban literature and culture in ‘Planet/Cuba’
- Princeton and the Paris Terrorist Attacks: by Philippe Lançon. Translated by Pascale Voilley
- “The Charlie Hebdo Terrorist Attack: Freedom of Speech in the Age of Radicalism”