Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q: I am a graduate student at a university outside of the United States. May I submit a paper to the conference?
A: Yes. The conference is open to international students. However, please note that our budget for travel reimbursement is limited. Depending on the cost of your travel, we may only be able to reimburse a fraction of the expenses.
2. Q: Must I submit a paper in order to participate in the conference?
A: Anyone who will be in the Princeton area at the time of the conference is welcome to participate in the discussion. It is not necessary to register in advance, and information regarding the conference schedule and location will be posted on this site two weeks in advance of the event. However, only students whose papers are accepted by the committee are eligible for financial assistance and accommodations.
3. Q: I will not be able to travel to Princeton in person. May I still participate?
A: Unfortunately, no. We request that students only submit papers if they expect to be able to travel to Princeton in person. Students who wish to participate as audience members must also be able to attend in person. There are presently no plans to accommodate virtual discussion.
4. Q: My paper has already been (or will be) published. May I still submit it?
A: Generally, no. The purpose of the conference is to provide students with the opportunity to develop works in progress, often with an eye toward future publication. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
5. Q: May I submit an abstract of the paper instead of the paper in its entirety?
A: No. Only complete papers will be considered.
6. Q: May I submit a paper in a language other than English?
A: Unfortunately, no. The working language of the conference is English.
7. Q: Must the paper be formatted according to a particular style guide?
A: The choice of which style to follow lies with the author. However, the committee expects that each paper will be consistent with whatever style the author selects.
8. Q: My paper has co-authors. May I submit it?
A: Yes. However, please be advised that financial assistance for travel and accommodations will be split amongst co-authors.
Further questions may be directed to polthry 'at' princeton 'dot' edu.