• University steps up sustainability efforts
• Tilghman names committee to guide health and well-being
• University extends Humanitarian Relief Efforts Policy until June 2007
• Rothman helps reveal intricacies of ancient math phenomenon
• Program offers grad students a world of opportunities
• Carter shapes future breakthroughs, one atom at a time, one student at a time
Gregory D. Smith (John Jameson)
Name: Gregory D. Smith.
Position: Academic programs administrator in the Department of Music. Maintaining academic records and tracking fulfillment of requirements for graduate students, undergraduate majors and musical performance certificate candidates. Managing the admission process for Ph.D. programs in composition and musicology. Coordinating the private music lessons process, practice room scheduling and various departmental events in the Woolworth Center for Musical Studies.
Quote: “I have worked at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory and the Woodrow Wilson School, and all of the jobs I’ve had at Princeton have put me in touch with many people. The number one thing I like about my current job is my contact and involvement with students. There is so much creative talent here. We’re a small department, but we make every effort to serve the needs of all students — both majors and non-majors.”
Other interests: Utilizing his classical training in voice and choral conducting. Serving as director of music at Grace Episcopal Church in Pemberton, N.J. Performing as a vocal soloist in concerts around New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Collecting CDs, reading and shopping.
Spotlight, numbers ideas sought
Is there a staff member you would like to see in the “Spotlight”? Do you have suggestions for “By the numbers”? Send your ideas to Ruth Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org.