• Four faculty members recognized for outstanding teaching
• Fourteen new faculty members appointed
• Eight faculty members transfer to emeritus status
• Seven selected for endowed chairs
• Promotions, resignations
Research and teaching
• Princeton awarded $2.2 million for biology education
• Institute fosters partnerships to help region
• Tiny transmitters allow researchers to follow flies
• Ward unravels bacteria’s role in global nitrogen cycle
• Suburbia a rich source of scholarship for Princeton historian
• Princeton scientists explore the next frontier of stem cell research
Seven selected for endowed chairs
Princeton NJ — Seven faculty members have been named to endowed professorships:
• Charles Beitz, the Edwards S. Sanford Professor of Politics effective July 1, 2006.
• Emily Carter, the Arthur W. Marks ’19 Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, effective July 1, 2006.
• Ingrid Daubechies, the Henry Burchard Fine Professor of Mathematics, effective Feb. 1, 2007, through June 30, 2007.
• Nicholas Katz, the Henry Burchard Fine Professor of Mathematics, effective Sept. 1, 2006, through Jan. 31, 2007.
• Ignacio Rodriguez-Iturbe, the James S. McDonnell Distinguished University Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, effective July 1, 2006.
• Cecilia Rouse, the Theodore A. Wells ’29 Professor of Economics and Public Affairs, effective July 1, 2006.
• Keith Whittington, the William Nelson Cromwell Professor of Politics, effective July 1, 2006.