• Four faculty members recognized for outstanding teaching
• Fourteen new faculty members appointed
• Eight faculty members transfer to emeritus status
• Seven selected for endowed chairs
• Promotions, resignations
Research and teaching
• Princeton awarded $2.2 million for biology education
• Institute fosters partnerships to help region
• Tiny transmitters allow researchers to follow flies
• Ward unravels bacteria’s role in global nitrogen cycle
• Suburbia a rich source of scholarship for Princeton historian
• Princeton scientists explore the next frontier of stem cell research
Seniors gathered in their class jackets on Cannon Green
for the Class Day.
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton was made an honorary member of the
class of 2006 and presented with a class jacket following his address
at Class Day. He is pictured with, from left, Class Day Chairs Lauren
Bush, Harrison Frist and Shaun Callaghan and Senior Class President
(Left) President Tilghman left the chapel with humorist and best-selling author David Sedaris, who was this year’s Baccalaureate speaker. (Right) Professor John Fleming, the chief marshal for University convocations, acknowledged applause after President Tilghman recognized him on the occasion of his retirement from the faculty this year. He has led the academic procession at 17 Commencements.
Princeton NJ — From Baccalaureate on June 4 through Commencement on June 6, graduates and their families had many opportunities to celebrate their achievements, laugh with their classmates and mark the conclusion of their education at Princeton.
To read more about the 2006 Commencement and related events, including stories about the activities, the honors presented and the speeches given, visit www.princeton.edu/ main/ news/.
To view Webcasts of the events, visit www.princeton.edu/ webmedia/.