• Four faculty members recognized for outstanding teaching
• Fourteen new faculty members appointed
• Eight faculty members transfer to emeritus status
• Seven selected for endowed chairs
• Promotions, resignations
Research and teaching
• Princeton awarded $2.2 million for biology education
• Institute fosters partnerships to help region
• Tiny transmitters allow researchers to follow flies
• Ward unravels bacteria’s role in global nitrogen cycle
• Suburbia a rich source of scholarship for Princeton historian
• Princeton scientists explore the next frontier of stem cell research
University staff picnic
(Above) Balloons were flying and splashing during that game... (Below, left) Shonda Traylor from dining services checked out the results of her attempt to pin the tail on the donkey, and Mimi Landau from health services and Joe Erbe from dining services handed out wands of cotton candy.
(Above) A group from facilities and chemical engineering joined up for lunch. (Below, left) Michelle Johnson from the Graduate School tried for a ringer on one of the hats, and Mark Namura from building services and his wife, JoAnn Marmero from payroll, showed off their jaunty chapeaus. (photos by Denise Applewhite)
Princeton NJ — Sombreros turned up everywhere on Alexander Beach June 13 for the annual University Staff Picnic, which this year had a “fiesta” theme.