- Page One
- • Tilghman charts path for the University’s future
- • University establishes new Center for African American Studies
- • Princeton to end early admission
- Special community ties section
- • Community and regional affairs office serves as bridge
- • Celebration this fall to mark 250 years of ‘Princeton in Princeton’
- • Community and Staff Day goes ‘under the lights’ at Princeton Stadium Oct. 13
- • University and local communities invited to join in ‘Plans in Progress’
- • Faculty, staff give back to the community through volunteer work
- • Collaboration with start-up company aims to improve efficiency of solar power
- • CAP shares academic riches with area residents
- • Center keeps pace with civic engagement opportunities
- • Community outreach generates a winning feeling for student-athletes
- • Cotsen materials go on the road
- • Trenton Program kindles passion for art
- • Class of 2010 is most diverse in Princeton‘s history
- • Library exhibition celebrates Goheen
- • Science takes a walk in the park
- • Retiree Open Enrollment is Sept. 25-Oct. 6
- • Humanities Council lines up roster of distinguished visitors
- • Eugenides, Thompson among new faculty members approved
- • Spotlight
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers Oct. 9-15 is Friday, Sept. 29. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Carolyn Geller Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writer: Denise Barricklow, Cass Cliatt, Karin Dienst, Teresa Riordan Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Community and Staff Day goes ‘under the lights’ at Princeton Stadium Oct. 13
Princeton NJ — Residents of the campus and local communities are invited to Community and Staff Day, the annual celebration of sports, entertainment and community service, on Friday, Oct. 13, at Princeton Stadium.
The event, consisting of activities for all ages and interests, will take place “under the lights” this year surrounding the Princeton vs. Brown football game — the first Friday night game in the history of the Ivy League. It will begin at 5:30 p.m. and run until halftime of the game.
Community and Staff Day activities will include the Community Information Fair featuring exhibits by local charitable organizations; a youth sports clinic hosted by Princeton University athletes; entertainment; special giveaways; and the football game that will be televised nationally on ESPN-U.
All of the festivities are included with the purchase of a ticket to the football game, which begins at 7 p.m. Participants in the youth sports clinic will receive a complimentary ticket to the game. Pre-registration for the sports clinic is required.
Princeton staff (with a University ID card) may pick up complimentary tickets in advance. They are available Monday through Thursday, Oct. 9-12, at these times and locations: between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the Princeton University Federal Credit Union kiosk on the 100 level of the Frist Campus Center; and between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the credit union office at 104 Carnegie Center, Suite 103 (directly behind the Hyatt Hotel on Route 1).
Community and Staff Day is sponsored by the Office of Community and Regional Affairs, the Office of Human Resources, the Department of Athletics and the Princeton University Federal Credit Union. For more information, call 258-5144; for advance ticket purchases, call 258-3538. Additional information and the sports clinic registration form are available at web.princeton.edu/sites/pucra/Community-Staff%20Day.htm.