- Page One
- • Students launch English immersion program in China
- • Grant supports expansion of community-based research
- • Actors, scholars, playwrights here for Irish theater symposium
- • HR classes connect staff with new skills, peer networks
- Benefits update
- • Open enrollment gives employees opportunity to evaluate coverage
- • Key health care plan changes for 2007
- • Need more information? Check out these sources
- • Mammography screening offered
- • Benefits Fairs set for Oct. 17-18
- • Spotlight
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers Oct. 23-Nov. 5 is Friday, Oct. 13. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Carolyn Geller Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Cass Cliatt, Karin Dienst Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Open enrollment gives employees opportunity to evaluate coverage
Open enrollment packets, including this booklet, were mailed to faculty and staff the week of Oct. 2.
Princeton NJ — The annual benefits open enrollment period for the University’s health and welfare plans will run from Monday, Oct. 9, through Friday, Oct 27. Open enrollment offers faculty and staff an opportunity to review their current benefits and consider changes to their coverage that will become effective Jan. 1, 2007.
Open enrollment also is the time when employees can enroll or re-enroll in the expense account plans (Health Benefit Expense Account and/or Dependent Care Expense Account) for 2007. Elections in the expense account plans do not carry forward from the previous year. Faculty and staff must re-enroll if they want to participate in these plans in 2007.
Open enrollment packets were mailed by the Office of Human Resources to benefits-eligible faculty and staff at their homes the week of Oct. 2. Employees should carefully review their current coverage and the open enrollment packet for detailed information.
This year for the first time, faculty and staff may access eBenefits — the new online benefits system — to review current benefit elections as well as to make their 2007 benefit elections. Faculty and staff will still receive a paper Benefits Enrollment Form. It is important to note that if an election is made online and submitted via the paper form, the online election will prevail and the paper form will not be processed.
All benefit enrollment changes must be submitted online by midnight Friday, Oct. 27; however, there will be no human resources assistance after 5 p.m. Paper forms must be received in the Office of Human Resources by 5 p.m. Oct. 27. Those who do not make any changes to their current medical/dental coverage will continue with the coverage they had in 2006.